Old August 1st 05, 10:50 AM
Tim Mitchell

Default looking for wire basket drawers for wardrobe

Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I
am looking for narrower ones if they exist.

--
Tim Mitchell

Old August 1st 05, 11:40 AM
Mary Fisher

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I am
looking for narrower ones if they exist.

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were expensive.

You could make your own ... :-)

Mary

--
Tim Mitchell

Old August 1st 05, 11:50 AM
John Rumm

Mary Fisher wrote:

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were expensive.

Does "Homebase" constitute swearing in these parts now, or I have I
missed something?

--
Cheers,

John.

Old August 1st 05, 12:03 PM
Mathew J. Newton

Tim Mitchell wrote:
Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I
am looking for narrower ones if they exist.

--
Tim Mitchell

I'd try all the usual sheds - and I seem to recall seeing something
along the lines of what you're describing at Ikea..?

Old August 1st 05, 12:13 PM
David P

The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

Old August 1st 05, 12:22 PM
Tim Mitchell

In article . com, David
P writes
The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way
to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

I've looked in all the sheds but none of them seem to do anything like
that - probably not trendy at the moment.
--
Tim Mitchell
Old August 1st 05, 12:26 PM
Tom

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I
am looking for narrower ones if they exist.

--
Tim Mitchell

I bought some in a "shed" in Newtown Mid Wales, I can't remember the orig
name but it changed to Focus soon afterwards.
They were a Swedish make the ones I bought went down to 300mm width.
Tom
Ahh I remember now!!!! They were called Elfa drawer systems.
Hope this helps

Old August 1st 05, 12:44 PM
Mathew J. Newton

Tim Mitchell wrote:
In article . com, David
P writes
The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way
to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

Their website allows real-time stock checking although admittedly I
wouldn't trust it if it listed only a couple of items remaining.

Old August 1st 05, 12:51 PM
Mary Fisher

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were expensive.

Does "Homebase" constitute swearing in these parts now, or I have I missed
something?

I don't know about your parts ...

Mary

Old August 1st 05, 12:51 PM
Richard Conway

Mathew J. Newton wrote:
Tim Mitchell wrote:

In article . com, David
P writes

The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way
to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

Their website allows real-time stock checking although admittedly I
wouldn't trust it if it listed only a couple of items remaining.

I wouldn't trust it anyway - we were after a mirror for ages that twice
was reported to be in stock on their website, and once by a human on the
phone. All three times it wasn't in stock. It became apparent that
nobody had the know-how or inclination to change the stock level in the
system - so assuming that they have an automated ordering system, the
system never bothered ordering any more as it thought they already had
loads.

In the end they gave us some petrol money for our trouble and we ended
up getting in some faraway store the we randomly passed outside
Birmingham one evening on the way back from a trip down south.