Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ian

Default Wiring a new bathroom light

Hi,

I have installed a new bathroom light. (changed from a 60w bulb to a 38w
fluorescent) I have 2 cables coming into the light each containing a red,
black and earth core.

My old light had the 2 reds connected to each other using chocolate block,
the 2 earths to an earth terminal and each black to its own terminal. If I
do the same with the new light it remains on permanently. I have swapped the
blacks around and there is no change. (The instructions with the light
states to connect the reds to live, black to neutral, and earths to earth
terminal. This just trips the breaker.)

Can you help me - what have I done wrong?
Thanks
Ian

Inground spa light replacement question Neal Home Repair 2 October 4th 04 02:28 AM
Change a light bulb Usenet Style Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 11:03 AM
Bathroom fan wiring query (sorry!) Lobster UK diy 3 May 12th 04 09:29 PM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
Light Socket Wiring Query L Reid UK diy 6 December 11th 03 10:36 AM