IMM

Default IE - RIP

"John Rumm" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

In the real world they do. I an not in Star Trek land.

You do klingon to this group though.... ;-)

Gosh! A comeder.

---

Andy Hall

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:52:26 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:14:07 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target for viruses. When and if Outlook

has
a news server function, then this will become the target.

Why on earth would it need a news server function? It's a client
program...

Some here said was to have one. Duh!!!

All of this talk of trolls, Gollum and other virtual creatures makes
me wonder something.

Have you been taking English lessons from Yoda?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

In the real world they do. I an not in Star Trek land.

You do klingon to this group though.... ;-)

Gosh! A comeder.

Gollum, a statement of meaning, less Ness!¬

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target for viruses. When and if Outlook

has
a news server function, then this will become the target. So little

change,
or have M$ written some real tight code to prevent/minimise idiots

playing
out with it? For such a large company with a bottomless pit of money, I
find it inconceivable that they can't write secure software.

Its because its staffed by people like you.
Attracted by glitzy brochures and hyped up buzz words and Nu TekNology,
rather than qualified engineers :-)

From someone who has an AGA and a country kitchen. Do you have swirly
patterns on your carpets too?

---

Bob Eager

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:52:26 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:14:07 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target for viruses. When and if Outlook

has
a news server function, then this will become the target.

Why on earth would it need a news server function? It's a client
program...

Some here said was to have one. Duh!!!

Is this English?

--
Bob Eager

IMM

"Grunff" wrote in message
Bob Eager wrote:

Some here said was to have one. Duh!!!

Is this English?

I read it seven times then gave up. I honestly, hand on heart,
have no idea what it was meant to say.

Hard of think too eh!

Please pout me on your killfile.

---

Grunff

IMM wrote:

Hard of think too eh!

Please pout me on your killfile.

Oh dude, how could I? You've no idea how much I laughed tonight,
all thanks to you.

--
Grunff (still smiling)

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target for viruses. When and if Outlook

has

a news server function, then this will become the target. So little

change,

or have M$ written some real tight code to prevent/minimise idiots

playing

out with it? For such a large company with a bottomless pit of money, I
find it inconceivable that they can't write secure software.

Its because its staffed by people like you.
Attracted by glitzy brochures and hyped up buzz words and Nu TekNology,
rather than qualified engineers :-)

From someone who has an AGA and a country kitchen. Do you have swirly
patterns on your carpets too?

I only have one carpet, and its fitted to both staircase and the entire
upper floor of teh house except bathrooms, and no, it doesn't have an
patterns at all.

If I want patterns, I buy persian/afghan/pakistani rugs.

---

IMM

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

Hard of think too eh!

Please pout me on your killfile.

Oh dude, how could I? You've no idea how much I laughed tonight,
all thanks to you.

I never told of the times of Star Trek!

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target for viruses. When and if Outlook

has

a news server function, then this will become the target. So little

change,

or have M$ written some real tight code to prevent/minimise idiots

playing

out with it? For such a large company with a bottomless pit of money,

find it inconceivable that they can't write secure software.

Its because its staffed by people like you.
Attracted by glitzy brochures and hyped up buzz words and Nu TekNology,
rather than qualified engineers :-)

From someone who has an AGA and a country kitchen. Do you have swirly
patterns on your carpets too?

I only have one carpet, and its fitted to both staircase and the entire
upper floor of teh house except bathrooms, and no, it doesn't have an
patterns at all.

But you have an AGA!!! My oh my!

---

Grunff

IMM wrote:

Oh dude, how could I? You've no idea how much I laughed tonight,
all thanks to you.

I never told of the times of Star Trek!

What does that mean?

Try again, slowly, one concept at a time.

--
Grunff

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:14:07 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target for viruses. When and if Outlook

has
a news server function, then this will become the target.

Why on earth would it need a news server function? It's a client
program...

Some here said was to have one. Duh!!!

Could you repeat that in English please?

--
geoff

IMM

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

Oh dude, how could I? You've no idea how much I laughed tonight,
all thanks to you.

I never told of the times of Star Trek!

What does that mean?

Pleas put me on your killfile.

---

Grunff

IMM wrote:

I never told of the times of Star Trek!

What does that mean?

Pleas put me on your killfile.

You could say that 'til you face turns blue, it ain't gonna
happen. Save your keyboard and bandwidth.

--
Grunff

IMM

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

I never told of the times of Star Trek!

What does that mean?

Pleas put me on your killfile.

snip drivel

Please put me on your killfile.

---

Bob Eager

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:39:24 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

Some here said was to have one. Duh!!!

Is this English?

yes

Aaaah....Jersey English!
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Bob Eager

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:46:31 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

I never told of the times of Star Trek!

More J.E. ???

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:14:07 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target for viruses. When and if

Outlook
has
a news server function, then this will become the target.

Why on earth would it need a news server function? It's a client
program...

Some here said was to have one. Duh!!!

Is this English?

yes

John I can see that the words are English, but we also have a thing
called grammar which is the way we tie the words together to create
something which makes sense ... which is the bit you missed out
--
geoff
geoff

In message , Grunff
writes
IMM wrote:

I never told of the times of Star Trek!

What does that mean?

Pleas put me on your killfile.

You could say that 'til you face turns blue, it ain't gonna happen.
Save your keyboard and bandwidth.

Yeah - far too entertaining to miss
--
geoff
IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Gnube
writes
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:09:56 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

So you are one of those too. I always wondered what sort of people
watched
Sky 1.

Now look here - you can say what you like about magnetic water
softeners, talk as much crap as you like about insulation, and
come up with all manner of bizzare theories which violate all
known laws of physics, but I *won't* hear a word against Star Trek.

--
Grunff

Now, now - he may be a braindead Troll but he is OUR braindead Troll.
Just keep throwing him the odd bone to gnaw and he will be here for

years
frightening unwary visitors.

I've wrestled with this for 5 minutes now and I still can't decide if
this is a good thing or if this is a bad thing! ;O)

Well, it is entertaining

It is entertaining reading the ramblings of the hard of thinking.

---

Grunff

IMM wrote:

It is entertaining reading the ramblings of the hard of thinking.

Exactly - so you *do* understand why I won't killfile you.

--
Grunff

Richard Caley

In article , Bob Eager (be) writes:

be Remember it wasn't THEIR CP/M clone. When DR weren't interested, M$
be bought rights to someone else's CP/M clone, and licensed it to IBM. They
be were marketing already...

Yes, I'd forgotten that. They certainly learned from that experience.

--
Mail me as _O_

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"Grunff" wrote in message
sbip drivel

Please put me on your killfile.

John - this is a newsgroup, not an echo chamber - DIY

Maxie, one at time has to take measures.

---

Gnube

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:29:19 +0100, geoff wrote:

Well, it is entertaining

I must have missed that episode! ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}
IMM

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Bob Eager wrote:

Some here said was to have one. Duh!!!

Is this English?

It is, but not as we know it Jim.....

Can you beam him up for ever?

---

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

Now, now - he may be a braindead Troll but he is OUR braindead Troll.
Just keep throwing him the odd bone to gnaw and he will be here for

years
frightening unwary visitors.

I've wrestled with this for 5 minutes now and I still can't decide if
this is a good thing or if this is a bad thing! ;O)

Well, it is entertaining

It is entertaining reading the ramblings of the hard of thinking.

Yes, but that's what makes your posts so entertaining
--
geoff

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"Grunff" wrote in message
sbip drivel

Please put me on your killfile.

John - this is a newsgroup, not an echo chamber - DIY

Maxie, one at time has to take measures.

????????????

We will have to define your language as "Jinglish"
--
geoff
John Rumm

Bob Eager wrote:

Remember it wasn't THEIR CP/M clone. When DR weren't interested, M$
bought rights to someone else's CP/M clone, and licensed it to IBM. They
were marketing already...

Apparently IBM asked MS for the OS first - but they had to admit that it
was not their product and they needed to speak to (I)DR instead. DR were
interested - but Gary Kildall refused to sign IBMs Non Disclosure
Agreement. Hence IBM went back to Gates and Co and asked if they could
source an OS. They weren't going to turn it down twice and the rest is
history as they say!

They bought a product called "Quick and Dirty Operating System" (QDOS)
from a company called Seattle Computer Products.... which as others have
said, was a pretty straight "port" ;-) of CP/M (done before DR released
CP/M 86 IIRC). IBM did later offer CP/M 86 as an option on the PC, but
few bought it because it was expensive, and PC-DOS was included anyway.
The start of another trend me thinks!

It was a joint licensing deal to start with, but in the end MS bought
out all the remaining rights to QDOS for a one off payment of $1m.

--
Cheers,

John.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

Now, now - he may be a braindead Troll but he is OUR braindead Troll.
Just keep throwing him the odd bone to gnaw and he will be here for

years
frightening unwary visitors.

I've wrestled with this for 5 minutes now and I still can't decide if
this is a good thing or if this is a bad thing! ;O)

Well, it is entertaining

It is entertaining reading the ramblings of the hard of thinking.

Yes, but that's what makes your posts so entertaining
--
geoff

ROLLMAO. yerr!

---

Owain

"IMM" wrote
| Pleas put me on your killfile.

Why don't you just put that in your sig?

Owain

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Owain wrote:
| Pleas put me on your killfile.

Why don't you just put that in your sig?

with mystery spelling...

--
*OK, so what's the speed of dark? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Bob Eager

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:38:39 UTC, John Rumm
wrote:

IBM did later offer CP/M 86 as an option on the PC, but
few bought it because it was expensive, and PC-DOS was included anyway.
The start of another trend me thinks!

And that was the original reason for the existence of FDISK, and
partitions. IBM wanted users to be able to have both (or, indeed, the
UCSD p-system!)
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

John Rumm

Bob Eager wrote:

(or, indeed, the
UCSD p-system!)

Hmmm used that on some HP workstations.... kind of odd but not bad when
you get used to it!

--
Cheers,

John.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes

"Grunff" wrote in message
sbip drivel

Please put me on your killfile.

John - this is a newsgroup, not an echo chamber - DIY

Maxie, one at time has to take measures.

????????????

We will have to define your language as "Jinglish"

OK, Maxie.

---

Grunff

geoff wrote:

Maxie, one at time has to take measures.

????????????

We will have to define your language as "Jinglish"

I think he's finally flipped...

--
Grunff

IMM

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:57:14 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

Unlike yourself I do not work for MacDonalds.

Even superficially correct sentences are mangled by IMM.

'yourself' indeed!

Indeed my good man!

---