Default Waste Problem Part II

OK so what the hell is going on with these waste pipe sizes, I just
dont get it!!!!

To follow up on my last post:

I need to get a flexible waste pipe connector which reduces from what
says a 43mm waste pipe down the side of it, which in fact only seems to
measure 42mm to a 30mm waste. The 30mm pipe is chrome which attaches to
a chrome bottle trap. So off I went to Graham and asked them to sort me
something out.

They gave me a McAlpine flexi connector with a reducer on the end. The
42 or 43mm end push fits to my existing pipe no problem but the other
end is way too big. I told them this in the shop but they weren't
having any of it and they said they dont do any smaller. Measuring the
end it is about 38mm in diameter which is way too big.

Someone please explain what I need, apart from a gun to the head.

TIA

Richard

Ah stupid me, this is the one Dave pointed out to me on my last post,
which I completely forgot about. This heat is getting to me!

Thanks for that

Richard