bhads

Default building a concrete ramp

Hi

I've built an 8m double thickness wall which is about a 1m high in my back
garden and runs parrallel to the back wall of my house. This acts as a
retaining wall for about 600mm of soil and hardcore topped with slabs. At
the side of this wall, I've turned a corner and built two more walls
perpindicular to the 8m wall. These are 1m apart and are a length of 2.5m. I
wish to build a concrete ramp between these, but can't find much info on the
method of construction.

Thanks for any advice.

BigWallop

"bhads" wrote in message
Hi

I've built an 8m double thickness wall which is about a 1m high in my back
garden and runs parrallel to the back wall of my house. This acts as a
retaining wall for about 600mm of soil and hardcore topped with slabs. At
the side of this wall, I've turned a corner and built two more walls
perpindicular to the 8m wall. These are 1m apart and are a length of 2.5m.

wish to build a concrete ramp between these, but can't find much info on

the
method of construction.

Thanks for any advice.

Pour in loads of rubble and shape it to suit. Ask for rubble and hardcore
from building sites around you, all their old unused stuff. Try to bump it
down as much as you can with a small board and jumping on it, just to pack
it down as tightly as you can. Or you could hire a proper roller for this
job. Once it's to the shape and length you want it to be, then pour a few
inches of concrete on top and allow it to cure.

andrewpreece

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"bhads" wrote in message
Hi

I've built an 8m double thickness wall which is about a 1m high in my

back
garden and runs parrallel to the back wall of my house. This acts as a
retaining wall for about 600mm of soil and hardcore topped with slabs.

At
the side of this wall, I've turned a corner and built two more walls
perpindicular to the 8m wall. These are 1m apart and are a length of

2.5m.
wish to build a concrete ramp between these, but can't find much info on

the
method of construction.

Thanks for any advice.

I made a small ramp with a 1:5 mix of cement and 3/4"-to-dust ballast. It
was
quite possible to shape it without using a mould or shuttering of any sort,
as the larger components of the ballast lock together to prevent it fro
slumping.
Of course, I would not go for a runny mix. The previous posters idea about
using
rubble may well save you the cost of using too much cement etc.

Andy