AlexW

Default Sat Dish Move Update ... cheers!

Ref: thread http://tinyurl.com/958bb

I decided that I would stump up the 40 quid. Bloke was due round on
Saturday to do the move, I phoned him AM and he said he would be there
shortly but never turned up.

So on Sunday, with conservatory frames arriving today, I decided to move
it and live without telly if need be (wasn't sure if I could handle this
but I gritted my teeth...).

Physical dish move was easy (if handling a sat dish on a ladder one
handed can be construed so, drilling sleeve anchor holes was fun too)
and just guessed where the dish was pointing from the angle of the
stones in the wall before and after the move without moving the arm assy.

After a bit of fiddling I got a lock and then used the signal
strength/quality indicators to maximize both.

Unfortunately I was on my own in the house and could not get a portable
into a viewable position so a lot off upping and downing ladders was done.

Got a buzz from the by touching F-connector outlet plate and radiator at
the same time ... took me a moment to realize what it was!

Thanks to all who saved me £40!

Alex.
Richard Conway

AlexW wrote:
[...]

I didn't move mine - but it came unaligned as the local youth thought it
neccessary to throw a brick at it. It wasn't too hard - luckily the
dish is above a window through which the TV can be seen - I just had to
adjust a little at a time and step down a few rungs to see the results!

I think the best advice to anyone doing it by using the indicators on
the Sky box is that you have to remember it takes a few seconds to
update - so make small movements and wait for the display to update
before moving it again.