OldBill

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Lobster wrote:

I have a healthy respect for gas appliances and have always been led to
believe that an annual service was a must; and all the more so in a
rented-out property. Or is servicing in this context more about
ensuring it doesn't break down rather than whether it's safe?

Standby IMM with his usual invective, but after I installed by BE RS
ancient cast iron heat exchanger boiler some 25 years ago, I took it apart
after a year and found it to be spotless. So decided not to touch it again
until needed. 12 years later, it needed a clean. Of course I had a look
every now and again for water leaks etc, and to see the burners were still
producing blue flames. But if it had failed and needed replacing, was
still quids in against a service contract.

Same here for an old Potterton. Just recently it wouldn't light the
pilot light after 4+ years of no touch. Took cover off, insect on hv
ignite point. Quick brush out, cover back on, working fine.
Thats all the BG guys used to do on the anuall service anyway, money for
old rope.
raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article s.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Would anyone half sane leave a car unserviced for 18 years? Well I
suppose some do. The loonies on here.

Cars at one time needed a service every 1000 miles. Even less. These
days 20,000 miles may be ok.

snip senile electric caber tossing babble

Think you'll be losing your ISP *again* if you continue to do this without
comment.

Anyone care to speculate on a new name for the re-invented Drivel?

MongAboutTown ?

--
geoff
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
The vehicle analogy isn't really valid because a conventional
boiler has no moving or serviceable parts.

What tripe!!!!! You obviously don't know about boilers.

Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine servicing -
such as changing oil and filters etc in a car.

--
* What do they call a coffee break at the Lipton Tea Company? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"Lobster" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

What tripe!!!!! You obviously don't know about boilers.

Apart from your one-liners disagreeing with everyone else, you haven't
actually said *why* you think they are all wrong and you are right. As
the OP here, I'm genuinely interested to know why you feel I need to get
the boiler serviced as well as getting the Landlord's Cert??

I've given them, read back.

Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
The vehicle analogy isn't really valid because a conventional
boiler has no moving or serviceable parts.

What tripe!!!!! You obviously don't know about boilers.

Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine servicing -

I gave the outline. Not that you would take any notice as you don't service
anything at all.

riccip

OldBill wrote:

Same here for an old Potterton. Just recently it wouldn't light the
pilot light after 4+ years of no touch. Took cover off, insect on hv
ignite point. Quick brush out, cover back on, working fine.
Thats all the BG guys used to do on the anuall service anyway, money for
old rope.

There was a story in a trade mag a few years ago about BG
engineers "servicing" boilers without even removing the covers.

riccip
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't - as usual. Because it's not in your catalogues.

--
*One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
riccip wrote:
Same here for an old Potterton. Just recently it wouldn't light the
pilot light after 4+ years of no touch. Took cover off, insect on hv
ignite point. Quick brush out, cover back on, working fine. Thats all
the BG guys used to do on the anuall service anyway, money for old
rope.

There was a story in a trade mag a few years ago about BG
engineers "servicing" boilers without even removing the covers.

Of course. The chances of any cleaning etc needing doing these days is
remote. Of course I'm not denying the need for a quick 'once over' for the
likes of Drivel who doesn't understand such things. But then I'd do that
more than once a year.

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Doctor Evil

riccip wrote:
Same here for an old Potterton. Just recently it wouldn't light the
pilot light after 4+ years of no touch. Took cover off, insect on hv
ignite point. Quick brush out, cover back on, working fine. Thats all
the BG guys used to do on the anuall service anyway, money for old
rope.

There was a story in a trade mag a few years ago about BG
engineers "servicing" boilers without even removing the covers.

Of course. The chances of any cleaning etc needing doing these days is
remote.

This man is an irresponsible idiot, and no one should take notice of such
idiotic advice.

Doctor Evil

"riccip" wrote in message
news
OldBill wrote:

Same here for an old Potterton. Just recently it wouldn't light the
pilot light after 4+ years of no touch. Took cover off, insect on hv
ignite point. Quick brush out, cover back on, working fine.
Thats all the BG guys used to do on the anuall service anyway, money for
old rope.

There was a story in a trade mag a few years ago about BG
engineers "servicing" boilers without even removing the covers.

So, does that mean you have to copy a cowboy and do the same? What strange
logic.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
There was a story in a trade mag a few years ago about BG
engineers "servicing" boilers without even removing the covers.

So, does that mean you have to copy a cowboy and do the same? What
strange logic.

Still waiting for you to take us through, step by step, what *you'd* do to
the average modern boiler at an annual service.

--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil wrote:
There was a story in a trade mag a few years ago about BG
engineers "servicing" boilers without even removing the covers.

So, does that mean you have to copy a cowboy and do the same? What
strange logic.

Still waiting

You should take those lessons at the local library for old codgers.

Owain

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Still waiting for you to take us through, step by step, what *you'd* do to
the average modern boiler at an annual service.

Don't encourage him; it'll involve hacksaws and end in tears before
bedtime.

Owain

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Owain wrote:
Still waiting for you to take us through, step by step, what *you'd*
do to the average modern boiler at an annual service.

Don't encourage him; it'll involve hacksaws and end in tears before
bedtime.

Yes. But it's fun trying to taunt him into actually showing the depths of
his 'knowledge'.

Interesting that one with his claimed 'experience' never trys to help with
routine CH problems. Only trys to get people to spend their hard earned
cash on his harebrained ideas for new or replacement installations.

--
*Time is fun when you're having flies... Kermit

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Yes. But it's fun trying to taunt him into actually showing the depths of
his 'knowledge'.

The senility has really set in. His knowledge imparts that you don't
service a boiler for 18 years. Yes, that is what he advocates. A right
electric caber tosser if ever there was one.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Yes. But it's fun trying to taunt him into actually showing the depths
of his 'knowledge'.

The senility has really set in. His knowledge imparts that you don't
service a boiler for 18 years. Yes, that is what he advocates. A right
electric caber tosser if ever there was one.

Still waiting for what a 'service' of a recent boiler consists of. But
then we won't get it from you because you don't know.

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message s.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Doctor Evil wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again, we're waiting

or are you just going to come up with the above excuse again for not
doing so ?

--
geoff
Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil wrote:
Yes. But it's fun trying to taunt him into actually showing the depths
of his 'knowledge'.

The senility has really set in. His knowledge imparts that you don't
service a boiler for 18 years. Yes, that is what he advocates. A right
electric caber tosser if ever there was one.

Still waiting for what a 'service' of a recent boiler consists of. But
then we won't get it from you because you don't know.

Read the thread, and also read the makers service instructions. Can you do
that.

Doctor Evil

raden wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine
servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again, we're waiting

or are you just going to come up with the above excuse again for not
doing so ?

After all those polite

This one advises to service a boiler every 18 years. Yes! he does!!! And
he is still allowed to walk the streets.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message s.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Doctor Evil wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine

servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again,

Maxie, you need to concentrate. I know you have a lot on your mind.

Dave

raden wrote:

Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine
servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again, we're waiting

or are you just going to come up with the above excuse again for not
doing so ?

After all those polite

This one advises to service a boiler every 18 years. Yes! he does!!! And
he is still allowed to walk the streets.

Er, I don't wish to take sides in this dispute but this latest addition
made me think of Gollum - all it needed was "my precious" inserted after
the exclamation marks. :-)

Dave
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Dave wrote:
This one advises to service a boiler every 18 years. Yes! he does!!!
And he is still allowed to walk the streets.

Er, I don't wish to take sides in this dispute but this latest addition
made me think of Gollum - all it needed was "my precious" inserted after
the exclamation marks. :-)

I'm not interested in people 'taking sides'. I'm just trying to persuade
our resident village idiot to give sensible answers to reasonable
questions instead of just trying to sell ludicrous ideas.

--
*Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message s.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Doctor Evil wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine

servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again,

Maxie, you need to concentrate. I know you have a lot on your mind.

So you don't know

Why not just be brave enough to admit it

Sorry, I forgot ...

--
geoff
:::Jerry::::

news.net...

raden wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires

routine
servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again, we're waiting

or are you just going to come up with the above excuse again

for not
doing so ?

After all those polite

This one advises to service a boiler every 18 years. Yes! he

does!!! And
he is still allowed to walk the streets.

At least he gives a rational reason as to why he does / thinks that,
all you seem able to do is insult or quote from the makers / Corgi
manuals - do you actually know any of the theory or is Dave correct
when he suggests that you are nothing more than a counter hand at
'Plumb Base'?...

It's most striking that when ever anyone posts a question about a
faulty boiler you are no where to be seen, but if someone wants to
know what boiler to install you are.

Doctor Evil

news.net...

raden wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires

routine
servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again, we're waiting

or are you just going to come up with the above excuse again

for not
doing so ?

After all those polite

This one advises to service a boiler every 18 years. Yes! he

does!!! And
he is still allowed to walk the streets.

At least he gives a rational reason

There is no rational reason for leaving a potential bomb for 18 years.

snip drivel

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message s.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Doctor Evil wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine

servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again,

Maxie, you need to concentrate. I know you have a lot on your mind.

So you don't know

Why not just be brave enough to admit it

Maxie, what am I supoosed to admit?

Sorry, I forgot ...

Maxie? You do that a lot lately.

Doctor Evil

Dave wrote:
This one advises to service a boiler every 18 years. Yes! he does!!!
And he is still allowed to walk the streets.

Er, I don't wish to take sides in this dispute but this latest addition
made me think of Gollum - all it needed was "my precious" inserted after
the exclamation marks. :-)

I'm not interested in people 'taking sides'.

Take not notice of the fool. he is advising people to leave a boiler, with
no service for 18 years. he should be locked up.

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
news.net...

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
news.net...

snip drivel

I'll take that as your admission that you know jack-**** about this
subject then...

Doctor Evil

enews.net...

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
news.net...

snip drivel

I'll take that as your admission that you know jack-**** about this
subject then...

It's time for you to go back to the clinic.

Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
I'm not interested in people 'taking sides'.

Take not notice of the fool. he is advising people to leave a boiler,
with no service for 18 years. he should be locked up.

I don't advise anything as regards boiler servicing.

You do. You need locking up.

Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil wrote:
There is no rational reason for leaving a potential bomb for 18 years.

Please quote

You need locking up. You are dangerous.

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
eenews.net...

enews.net...

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
news.net...

snip drivel

I'll take that as your admission that you know jack-**** about

this
subject then...

It's time for you to go back to the clinic.

Stop talking about yourself, better still, just answer the BLOODY
question I asked you FFS, you utter moron.

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 00:45:00 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

Not another one!!! These people are dangerous. To all normal people
D O N O T T A K E A N Y N O T I C E O F T H E M

You may be right, you may be wrong (I know nothing of gas appliances)

But you're also a state-registered ****wit, a regular ng. buffoon, and
wibble around behind a succession of vaguely anonymous screennames.

So are you _really_ a credible source for information? I wouldn't
believe you if you told me it was raining.

Capitol

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

It's most striking that when ever anyone posts a question about a
faulty boiler you are no where to be seen, but if someone wants to
know what boiler to install you are.

You are not going to get anywhere by stating the truth! Years of IMM
prove this!

Regards
Capitol
Capitol

Doctor Evil wrote:

It's time for you to go back to the clinic.

Can we take it that you need another visitor?

Regards
Capitol
John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

The senility has really set in. His knowledge imparts that you don't
service a boiler for 18 years. Yes, that is what he advocates. A right
electric caber tosser if ever there was one.

You must have had a good 30 messages so far in this thread with no
useful content whatsoever, and nothing but insults.

Must be about time for you to lose yet another ng/isp account don't you
think...?

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Hall

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:18:28 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

It's most striking that when ever anyone posts a question about a
faulty boiler you are no where to be seen, but if someone wants to
know what boiler to install you are.

This is because a junior hacksaw is the only tool that he actually has
and they are of limited use for boiler servicing.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message s.net,
Doctor Evil writes

Doctor Evil wrote:
Go on then. Tell us what in a modern boiler requires routine

servicing

I gave the outline.

No you haven't

I gave the outline, oh senile one.

Well, give it again,

Maxie, you need to concentrate. I know you have a lot on your mind.

So you don't know

Why not just be brave enough to admit it

Sorry, I forgot ...

Did you join the Legion to forget, Maxie?

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Gas Boiler Spares - Good Service :-) DeeBee UK diy 0 February 15th 05 10:22 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Annual HVAC Service contracts. tflfb Home Repair 7 December 30th 03 02:45 AM
Boiler pilot light went out David Hearn UK diy 6 October 26th 03 11:54 PM