Default Help no hot water - Baxi Bermuda 552

Having a problem with our heating system. The central heating is
working perfectly fine, however it is the hot water that we are having
a problem with. When we fire up for hot water only, the burner at the
back of the fire fires up, after a few minutes it goes out, the pilot
light remains on. I am dying to have a bath but have no hot water,
please help.

Cheers Jane

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:31:48 -0700, steve.newsham wrote:

Having a problem with our heating system. The central heating is
working perfectly fine, however it is the hot water that we are having
a problem with. When we fire up for hot water only, the burner at the
back of the fire fires up, after a few minutes it goes out, the pilot
light remains on. I am dying to have a bath but have no hot water,
please help.

Then likewly cause is that water is not being circulated.

I'm guessing a lot here about the age of the installation (old) and how it
works. I suspect either a two pump system with a failed HW pump (not
common). Or a gravity HW (very common). This latter may
well fail because there is not quite enough water in the heating circuit.

I would check that the expansion tank (the little one) has some water in
it enough to cover the hole at the bottom of the tank and that the ball
valve moves freely.

HTH

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM