Default Creda Electric Cooker - Concept Solar Plus C461 E - Oven not working

The cooker is about 2 1/2 years old and the bottom oven is not heating
up although the fan is working.

All the rings and top oven seem Ok.

In view of its age I think it unlikely the heating element has gone so
is it likely to be the switch / thermosat ??

Any ideas please

BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...
The cooker is about 2 1/2 years old and the bottom oven is not heating
up although the fan is working.

All the rings and top oven seem Ok.

In view of its age I think it unlikely the heating element has gone so
is it likely to be the switch / thermosat ??

Any ideas please

The element could be shot, but you'd need to use a tester to find out for
sure. A multi-meter is cheap to buy, and is usually enough to find out if
things are giving proper continuity through them. Great for other things
around the DIYers house as well, so I'd suggest you make a little investment
in one.

Looking with your eyes is not enough on electrical equipment, and feeling
with your fingers is not recommended at all. So, buy a cheap multi-meter
and you'll be able to test things to find out exactly what's gone wrong.

Andy Pandy

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:05:57 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
The cooker is about 2 1/2 years old and the bottom oven is not heating
up although the fan is working.

All the rings and top oven seem Ok.

In view of its age I think it unlikely the heating element has gone so
is it likely to be the switch / thermosat ??

Any ideas please

The element could be shot, but you'd need to use a tester to find out for
sure. A multi-meter is cheap to buy, and is usually enough to find out if
things are giving proper continuity through them. Great for other things
around the DIYers house as well, so I'd suggest you make a little investment
in one.

Looking with your eyes is not enough on electrical equipment, and feeling
with your fingers is not recommended at all.

So that puts *any* electrical work out of the question then !
Observation is the simplest first step in any diagnosis.

If you are simply emphasing the point about isolating from the supply,
then of course I agree with you.

So, buy a cheap multi-meter
and you'll be able to test things to find out exactly what's gone wrong.

Andy

Electric cooker connection petek UK diy 8 March 8th 05 11:23 PM
Creda Cooker Concept SolarPlus Tony Home Repair 0 December 1st 04 12:01 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord failure number #3! henrib7 Home Repair 7 June 13th 04 09:30 AM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 02:44 PM