s--p--o--n--i--x

Default Core bit

I'm after a 152mm (Or thereabouts) core bit.

It needs to do two holes through soft brick/Breeze.

Hire shops want £40+VAT per day plus a "wear charge".

Anyone seen cheap ones for sale anywhere? It doesn't need to be too
good as it's only going to be used for two holes.

sponix
Alan

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
I'm after a 152mm (Or thereabouts) core bit.

It needs to do two holes through soft brick/Breeze.

Hire shops want £40+VAT per day plus a "wear charge".

Anyone seen cheap ones for sale anywhere? It doesn't need to be too
good as it's only going to be used for two holes.

sponix

That's about what I was quoted from HSS hire.

My local builder's merchant had a good deal on a set of 5 or 6 diamond core
bits with arbour, SDS adaptor etc for around £170 which was reasonable I
thought. To buy just one would have costed about half that due to the arbour
and adaptor etc, common to all bits.

I ended up hiring from a local independent shop for around £25 including a
Makitta drill.

Alan.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:05:56 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

That's about what I was quoted from HSS hire.

My local builder's merchant had a good deal on a set of 5 or 6 diamond core
bits with arbour, SDS adaptor etc for around £170 which was reasonable I
thought. To buy just one would have costed about half that due to the arbour
and adaptor etc, common to all bits.

I ended up hiring from a local independent shop for around £25 including a
Makitta drill.

I have tried looking at local places but they are all national chains,
hence around £40 per day.

sponix
Ian Stirling

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
I'm after a 152mm (Or thereabouts) core bit.

It needs to do two holes through soft brick/Breeze.

Hire shops want ?40+VAT per day plus a "wear charge".

Anyone seen cheap ones for sale anywhere? It doesn't need to be too
good as it's only going to be used for two holes.

If you're feeling especially cheap, and especially for only two holes,
have you considered chain drilling?
John Rumm

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

I have tried looking at local places but they are all national chains,
hence around ï½£40 per day.

Toolstation do the 152 diamond core for 45 quid. So say under 55 for
that and the arbour and pilot drill.

I expect you could get back more than 15 by flogging them on eBay after.

--
Cheers,

John.

David Lang

Hi
I have tried looking at local places but they are all national chains,
hence around £40 per day.

Independents tend to be much cheaper than national chains. Where are you
located?

Dave

BigWallop

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
I'm after a 152mm (Or thereabouts) core bit.

It needs to do two holes through soft brick/Breeze.

Hire shops want £40+VAT per day plus a "wear charge".

Anyone seen cheap ones for sale anywhere? It doesn't need to be too
good as it's only going to be used for two holes.

sponix

With the proper hired gear it ain't gonna take you long to make the two
holes. The wear and tear ain't gonna be that much either. So, for £40.00 +
wear for one days work, it isn't that bad in my opinion.

JoeJoe

wrote:

That's about what I was quoted from HSS hire.

My local builder's merchant had a good deal on a set of 5 or 6 diamond
core
bits with arbour, SDS adaptor etc for around £170 which was reasonable I
thought. To buy just one would have costed about half that due to the
arbour
and adaptor etc, common to all bits.

I ended up hiring from a local independent shop for around £25 including a
Makitta drill.

I have tried looking at local places but they are all national chains,
hence around £40 per day.

Look up Plant Hire in the Yellow Pages.

Mike

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
I'm after a 152mm (Or thereabouts) core bit.

It needs to do two holes through soft brick/Breeze.

Hire shops want £40+VAT per day plus a "wear charge".

That's a diamond one (or at least at that price it had better be). For soft
brick try others to find one with a normal tungsten tipped core cutter.

Mike

"Mike" wrote in message

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
I'm after a 152mm (Or thereabouts) core bit.

It needs to do two holes through soft brick/Breeze.

Hire shops want £40+VAT per day plus a "wear charge".

That's a diamond one (or at least at that price it had better be). For

soft
brick try others to find one with a normal tungsten tipped core cutter.

Or thinking about it some more, why not use a SDS hammer drill to carefully
knock out the hole. You can buy a cheap one for that price.