Junior Member

Default 70's "wood" ceiling

Hi all

I'm looking for ideas. We have a large living room with a sloping ceiling covered in 70's "wood" panels. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do with it? I dread having it taken down, and I fear that painting it will look awful. Can it be covered by plasterboard or real wood boards?

Cheers

Kate
andrewpreece

"Kate Williams" wrote in message

Hi all

I'm looking for ideas. We have a large living room with a sloping
ceiling covered in 70's "wood" panels. Does anyone have any
suggestions what to do with it? I dread having it taken down, and I
fear that painting it will look awful. Can it be covered by
plasterboard or real wood boards?

You could try painting it white, matt or silk I suppose, just to see what it
looks
like. After all, your alternative is to cover it up anyway. You don't even
have to
paint it all to get an idea of what it will look like.

Andy.