TheScullster

Default TV Booster Splitter Recommendations Please

Hi all

I am looking to install a booster/splitter to serve 6-8 TV points.
Currently I have Sky to one room and a co-ax back to the loft where the
splitter will be.

What I want to do if possible is input:

Sky box output
Digital terrestrial arial signal
Possible freeview box output
Maybe future surveillance cameras

into the splitter and then distribute all this to the 6 or 8 TV points
around the house.

What is the ideal kit for this please?

TIA

Phil

I bought a Philex loftbox SLX8 for my installation and it worked a
treat and has a funky blue LED on it!

I have SAT/FM and Terrestrial piped to my gym, kitchen, lounge and
bedrooms. I plan to get my media centre piped through too in the near
future once I finish my other projects.

Take a look at this website, it has a shed load of information which
you will find very helpful, I certainly did.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/

It also has a guide to piping TV/SAT around your home which you can
download for small fee.

HTH

Richard

TheScullster

Thanks Richard

Was all of your install brand new?

The reason I ask is because, looking at the Satcure site, the use of
existing co-ax is not recommended.
Did you use any existing cabling, if so what age is it?
My house is 1970s build and has two drops from loft to lounge that I intend
to re-use.
Having re-furb'd the loung and had it skimmed, SWMBO wouldn't take kindly to
me channelling the walls out again!

Phil

Not sure what went wrong there, but I posted a reply to this sometime
ago! oh well here goes again:

I have not replaced all my old coax, I have made use of an existing run
for the return, I think if I remember rightly. My house was built in
1986 so this coax run will be very old and the picture quality I get is
fine, I am fussy about these types of things. I too had my house
re-plastered so for the other runs to the other rooms I decided to run
this on the outside of the building down from the loft and installed
triplexed decombiner plates in each room (apart from gym) which would
allow me to plug another SAT decoder/TV or radio in.

HTH

Richard

I mean 1896.....fat fingered!