Jo King

Default chasing copper pipe into wall

Fitting a shower want to hide the pipe behind plaster can I use compression
fittings or has it got to be soldered joints. or would plastic flexi pipe
connect to the original copper.
Thank you for any help.

John Stumbles

Jo King wrote:

Fitting a shower want to hide the pipe behind plaster can I use
compression fittings or has it got to be soldered joints. or would plastic
flexi pipe connect to the original copper.
Thank you for any help.

I use copper with soldered elbows where the pipes turn to come out of the
wall, or plastic with a compression elbow. In either case test for
water-tightness before plastering and tiling in (obviously)
The Natural Philosopher

John Stumbles wrote:

Jo King wrote:

Fitting a shower want to hide the pipe behind plaster can I use
compression fittings or has it got to be soldered joints. or would plastic
flexi pipe connect to the original copper.
Thank you for any help.

I use copper with soldered elbows where the pipes turn to come out of the
wall, or plastic with a compression elbow. In either case test for
water-tightness before plastering and tiling in (obviously)

....and its no bad idea to fit an insulation sleeve round it to prevent
plaster contacing copper - and allow for expansion.
Doctor Evil

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
Jo King wrote:

Fitting a shower want to hide the pipe behind plaster can I use
compression fittings or has it got to be soldered joints. or would

plastic
flexi pipe connect to the original copper.
Thank you for any help.

I use copper with soldered elbows where the pipes turn to come out of the
wall, or plastic with a compression elbow. In either case test for
water-tightness before plastering and tiling in (obviously)

Then you should rip it out. You DO NOT put copper inside a plastered wall.
The copper must be protected. This is the problem when amateurs give
advice - the wrong advice.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Ian_m

"Jo King" wrote in message
Fitting a shower want to hide the pipe behind plaster can I use
compression fittings or has it got to be soldered joints. or would plastic
flexi pipe connect to the original copper.
Thank you for any help.

In the couple of power showers I have fitted in various houses I have done:
both final run to valve in copper and final run in plastic, with elbow to
copper and into valve.. All chased into the wall.

According to one shower pump instructions, plastic is recommended as there
is less conducted noise in to the walls, though not noticed any difference.

Only joints I had in the wall were the last elbow to the valve, which in my
case were soldered on the bench or pushed together with plastic, thoroughly
inspected/tested before being buried in the wall.

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
John Stumbles wrote:

Jo King wrote:

Fitting a shower want to hide the pipe behind plaster can I use
compression fittings or has it got to be soldered joints. or would plastic
flexi pipe connect to the original copper.
Thank you for any help.

I use copper with soldered elbows where the pipes turn to come out of the
wall, or plastic with a compression elbow. In either case test for
water-tightness before plastering and tiling in (obviously)

...and its no bad idea to fit an insulation sleeve round it to prevent
plaster contacing copper - and allow for expansion.

I threaded the 15mm copper into 20mm electrical conduit, and the
two together bend quite nicely with a 22mm pipe bender, which I
used to get the tails sticking out of the wall under the bath
without having an elbow in the wall. I kept the bends shallow
(like 135º) so the copper could still move inside the conduit,
to allow for expansion.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Lurch

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:55:25 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
strung together this:

Then you should rip it out. You DO NOT put copper inside a plastered wall.

He does you know. I take it you haven't learnt how to read yet.

The copper must be protected.

Go on then, as you know so much what with being a pro and everything,
protected from what, why and how?

This is the problem when amateurs give
advice - the wrong advice.

So many comments springing to mind, now which one to choose.......
--

SJW
Doctor Evil

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:55:25 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
strung together this:

Then you should rip it out. You DO NOT put copper inside a plastered

wall.

He does you know. I take it you haven't learnt how to read yet.

The copper must be protected.

Go on then, as you know so much what with being a pro and everything,
protected from what, why and how?

It is clear you don't know. Just do as I say and accept it.