Nick

Default Hanging Kitchen Units

Is it OK to only hang kitchen wall units from the two screws. Or are 4
screws a must, i.e. 2 top and 2 bottom.

Thanks

dennis@home

"Nick" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it OK to only hang kitchen wall units from the two screws. Or are 4
screws a must, i.e. 2 top and 2 bottom.

Only two at the top?
Mine have four.

Are the two at the bottom to stop it coming out of a hook arrangement for
adjusting them?
They are on mine and I would recommend fitting them having experienced a
couple of earthquakes here in Tipton.

David P

Surely if there are 4 holes for screws you should use them?

Nick

Actually there is a bit of a hidden agenda. MFI (don't laugh) are
fitting our kitchen and the fitters have left the units hanging and say
that it isn't necessary to fit four screws. I intend to get my hands
on some instructions but I just wondered what the norm was. My old
kitchen had four screws, but then they weren't hung and I just wondered
if that mattered.

Christian McArdle

Is it OK to only hang kitchen wall units from the two screws. Or are 4
screws a must, i.e. 2 top and 2 bottom.

I used screws only for the initial fix. The main fixing is by rawlbolt,
which are much stronger and easily retrofitted without even removing the
cabinets. My units were MFI, too.

Christian.

Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"Nick" writes:
Actually there is a bit of a hidden agenda. MFI (don't laugh) are
fitting our kitchen and the fitters have left the units hanging and say
that it isn't necessary to fit four screws. I intend to get my hands
on some instructions but I just wondered what the norm was. My old
kitchen had four screws, but then they weren't hung and I just wondered
if that mattered.

I wonder if they used all the supplied fixings when assembling
the cabinets? ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Nick

That's a good angle to for me to work with - Thanks for that.

Chris McBrien

I put an inch and a half by two inch rail under my units. With this you can
pick up the vertical studs with a screw. Then use either two or four screws
in the rear of the unit. Sometimes the rear is only hardboard so that wont
have any strength.

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Nick wrote:
Is it OK to only hang kitchen wall units from the two screws. Or are 4
screws a must, i.e. 2 top and 2 bottom.

You need something pretty substantial as wall cupboards can get pretty
heavily loaded. I once fixed some cheap ones with just two screws at the
top into brick and one fell off. That was before the days of the now
common adjustable fixings.

--
*No sentence fragments *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

kitchen units Maurice Hood UK diy 5 May 4th 05 09:12 PM
Getting paint mixed to match kitchen units alan kearn UK diy 3 December 21st 04 05:26 PM
Ikea kitchen units too big for Wickes worktop tez UK diy 3 December 15th 04 07:43 PM
IKEA kitchen wall cabinet hanging on plaster wall without stud coder UK diy 12 November 4th 04 07:53 AM
New Kitchen: Flooring b4 units or units b4 flooring? Vortex UK diy 8 November 7th 03 07:00 PM