Gaffar

Default Suitable Extractor fan + chipboard floors

Hi, hoping this has probably been done many times and someone will have
a quick answer

I am just finishing off an extension which has left me with a
bathroom in the middle of the house with no external walls, so no
windows.

Can anyone suggest an extractor fan that would be suitable and upto the
job
of keeping the bathroom relatively dry from the steam.

Extractor will be vented through the roof

The other qestion is, are 18mm water resisitant Tongue & Cheek chipboard
panels
suitable for 1st flooring (especially in a shower room)

Thanks in advance for your responses

Gaffar
PhilÅ

"Gaffar" wrote in message
Hi, hoping this has probably been done many times and someone will have
a quick answer

I am just finishing off an extension which has left me with a
bathroom in the middle of the house with no external walls, so no
windows.

Can anyone suggest an extractor fan that would be suitable and upto the
job
of keeping the bathroom relatively dry from the steam.

Extractor will be vented through the roof

The other qestion is, are 18mm water resisitant Tongue & Cheek chipboard
panels
suitable for 1st flooring (especially in a shower room)

Thanks in advance for your responses

Gaffar

Water resistant chipboard!!. Interesting.

I after a leak or two and replaced with 18mm Marine ply flooring, will take
a soaking apparently.

Gaffar wrote:
Hi, hoping this has probably been done many times and someone will have
a quick answer

I am just finishing off an extension which has left me with a
bathroom in the middle of the house with no external walls, so no
windows.

Can anyone suggest an extractor fan that would be suitable and upto the
job
of keeping the bathroom relatively dry from the steam.

Extractor will be vented through the roof

any tangential fan designed to be used with ducting. See screwfix or
toolstation .com
4" will give you garbage flow rate, 6" has real use.

The other qestion is, are 18mm water resisitant Tongue & Cheek chipboard
panels
suitable for 1st flooring (especially in a shower room)

no way Jose. Use WBP ply

NT

JoeJoe

wrote in message
oups.com...
Gaffar wrote:
Hi, hoping this has probably been done many times and someone will have
a quick answer

I am just finishing off an extension which has left me with a
bathroom in the middle of the house with no external walls, so no
windows.

Can anyone suggest an extractor fan that would be suitable and upto the
job
of keeping the bathroom relatively dry from the steam.

Extractor will be vented through the roof

any tangential fan designed to be used with ducting. See screwfix or
toolstation .com
4" will give you garbage flow rate, 6" has real use.

TLC also do a 5" wall mounted one - installed two of those in the past. The
one in our shower room works like a dream - never a trace of any steam in
the room (timer set to 10 minutes or so).

Pete C

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:13:48 +0000 (UTC), Gaffar
wrote:

The other qestion is, are 18mm water resisitant Tongue & Cheek chipboard
panels
suitable for 1st flooring (especially in a shower room)

According to building regs it is:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=water+resistant+chipboard+ odpm&spell=1

Still, I'd seal it with a couple of coats of something decent like
marine varnish and tape the joins with aluminium tape. If you can
seal the edges too and a border round the underside before laying even
better.

Whatever you use if it stays wet for a long time it will rot unless
treated, so sealing is a good way to go.

If tiling on it check with adhesive manufacturer for compatiblity with
your sealer of choice.

cheers,
Pete.
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

The water resistant chipboard for bathrooms survives wet for ages,
much to my surprise.

I agree.
Just out of laziness I have had an old sheet of green 18mm chip outside
for the last 3 weeks Of which one weekend was the wettest I have seen
for years. It's resting between the angled drive and the flat flag
stones, and gets used as a spring board on a daily basis.

So far it is holding it's own. has a slight curvature, but no more than
the new stuff I got off Wicks shelves last weekend!

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Just leave a piece outdoors and see what happens.

See my previous post.

3 weeks and still going strong!

:¬)

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)