Dave Liquorice

Default Cold Heat Soldering Iron

This caught my eye in Focus DIY the other day, any one tried one?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/69d3/

That is a US site, available in UK from JML Direct (just change the $
to =A3, I think the Focus price was even more...). JML's site uses
forwarding so you can't post a direct link to a product.

I thought it might have been some cleaver ceramic heat element but
looking at the Think Geek images and description it looks like it
works by shorting the cells through the work piece.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Andrew Gabriel

In article om,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
This caught my eye in Focus DIY the other day, any one tried one?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/69d3/

That is a US site, available in UK from JML Direct (just change the $
to =A3, I think the Focus price was even more...). JML's site uses
forwarding so you can't post a direct link to a product.

I thought it might have been some cleaver ceramic heat element but
looking at the Think Geek images and description it looks like it
works by shorting the cells through the work piece.

See review by Clive Mitchell in sci.engr.lighting
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...ldering%20iron

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dave Liquorice

On 28 May 2005 16:24:53 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I thought it might have been some cleaver ceramic heat element but
looking at the Think Geek images and description it looks like it
works by shorting the cells through the work piece.

See review by Clive Mitchell in sci.engr.lighting

So it does work by shorting the cells through the work piece. In that
report it seems to be a bit vicious as well but thats not surprising
as there is no control circuitary.

Looks like I keep my Portasol and tin of gas then...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail