Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jonathan

Default Glowworm Spacesaver 80 B Mk II

Hi

We've moved into a house with a Glowworm Spacesaver 80B Mk 2 boiler which
has two problems. Firstly, it's noisy, banging away like nobody's business,
which I guess is kettling so I can hopefully fix that with various chemicals
and a good flush. But of more immediate concern is that is sometimes trips
the main RCD for the house, not an individual circuit breaker, but the one
for the whole house, so I guess this is due to earth leakage. I don't think
it's the CH/HW pumps (1 of each - strange setup), and when switching off
sometimes I think the gas valves makes lots of rapid switching noises. Or
could it be the timer? It seems to do it at no particular time, so not due
to timer trying to switch on/off boiler for example.

The boiler seems to be fairly simple electrically with a transformer, a
thermostat, a gas valve and very little else!

Any ideas? Or is it best to bin it and get a new boiler which I really don't
want to do at this stage, though it's over 20 years old now.

Thanks

Jonathan

Noisy GlowWorm 35SXi Dave UK diy 1 April 30th 05 10:51 PM
Choosing boilers (again), system vs non-system, W-Bosch vs Glowworm Dave UK diy 10 February 7th 05 10:06 AM
Glowworm Swiftflow 100 Neil UK diy 5 October 7th 03 06:34 PM
Ideal Standard spacesaver bath prices? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 2 July 30th 03 10:08 AM
Glowworm Foundryman Gas Fire BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:41 PM