Neil

Default Glowworm Swiftflow 100

Swiftflow 100 died today. Main burner not firing on either DHW or CH. Pilot
+ fan + pump running fine. I havent got the installers instructions that
would allow me to work through the flowchart that Hepworth thoughtfully
include. Before shelling out 115 for a new Gas Valve are there any overheat
or flow sensors that would prevent the gas valve operating on both HW & CH ?

Neil

BigWallop

"Neil" wrote in message
Swiftflow 100 died today. Main burner not firing on either DHW or CH.

Pilot
+ fan + pump running fine. I havent got the installers instructions that
would allow me to work through the flowchart that Hepworth thoughtfully
include. Before shelling out 115 for a new Gas Valve are there any

overheat
or flow sensors that would prevent the gas valve operating on both HW & CH

?

Neil

Check the wiring first. You find a one has detached itself or broken. You
say the pilot flame is still lit, so this would indicate that the
thermocouple is still OK. So check the motorised valves, especially the
micro-switches, are making and breaking their circuits correctly, and that
all the thermostats are working properly.

If a valve or thermostat isn't calling for heat correctly, then the boiler
will not fire up when it should.

geoff

In message , Neil
writes
Swiftflow 100 died today. Main burner not firing on either DHW or CH. Pilot
+ fan + pump running fine. I havent got the installers instructions that
would allow me to work through the flowchart that Hepworth thoughtfully
include. Before shelling out 115 for a new Gas Valve are there any overheat
or flow sensors that would prevent the gas valve operating on both HW & CH ?

Is there 24V at the gas valve?

I.e. the question is whether the pcb is delivering the volts to the gas
valve or not. It is a common pcb fault, although it could be caused by a
sensor failure. You'll find an indication on the pcb as to which
connectors they are on.

If it's the pcb, phone me on 01923 229224, you can't look at my website
atm as the server is down
--
geoff
Ed Sirett

geoff wrote:

In message , Neil
writes
Swiftflow 100 died today. Main burner not firing on either DHW or CH. Pilot
+ fan + pump running fine. I havent got the installers instructions that
would allow me to work through the flowchart that Hepworth thoughtfully
include. Before shelling out 115 for a new Gas Valve are there any overheat
or flow sensors that would prevent the gas valve operating on both HW & CH ?

Other have mentioned the idea of giving it a good visual once over.
Much more likely to fail than the gas valve (IMHO) is the air flow
proving switch.
I don't know what sort of technology is used on the Swiftflow.
Many use a a pair of tubes in the air flow connected to a diaphagm
switch.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
raden

In message , Ed Sirett
writes
geoff wrote:

In message , Neil
writes
Swiftflow 100 died today. Main burner not firing on either DHW or CH. Pilot
+ fan + pump running fine. I havent got the installers instructions that
would allow me to work through the flowchart that Hepworth thoughtfully
include. Before shelling out 115 for a new Gas Valve are there any overheat
or flow sensors that would prevent the gas valve operating on both HW & CH ?

Other have mentioned the idea of giving it a good visual once over.
Much more likely to fail than the gas valve (IMHO) is the air flow
proving switch.
I don't know what sort of technology is used on the Swiftflow.
Many use a a pair of tubes in the air flow connected to a diaphagm
switch.

If the pilot's OK, then it can't be the APS
--
raden

Ed Sirett

raden wrote:

In message , Ed Sirett
writes
geoff wrote:

In message , Neil
writes
Swiftflow 100 died today. Main burner not firing on either DHW or CH. Pilot
+ fan + pump running fine. I havent got the installers instructions that
would allow me to work through the flowchart that Hepworth thoughtfully
include. Before shelling out 115 for a new Gas Valve are there any overheat
or flow sensors that would prevent the gas valve operating on both HW & CH ?

Other have mentioned the idea of giving it a good visual once over.
Much more likely to fail than the gas valve (IMHO) is the air flow
proving switch.
I don't know what sort of technology is used on the Swiftflow.
Many use a a pair of tubes in the air flow connected to a diaphagm
switch.

If the pilot's OK, then it can't be the APS

Sorry I assumed a permanent pilot type.

--
raden

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk