Ed Sirett

Default Glowworm Swiftflow 100

geoff wrote:

In message , Neil
writes
Swiftflow 100 died today. Main burner not firing on either DHW or CH. Pilot
+ fan + pump running fine. I havent got the installers instructions that
would allow me to work through the flowchart that Hepworth thoughtfully
include. Before shelling out 115 for a new Gas Valve are there any overheat
or flow sensors that would prevent the gas valve operating on both HW & CH ?

Other have mentioned the idea of giving it a good visual once over.
Much more likely to fail than the gas valve (IMHO) is the air flow
proving switch.
I don't know what sort of technology is used on the Swiftflow.
Many use a a pair of tubes in the air flow connected to a diaphagm
switch.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk