in2minds

Default fitting a upvc door

any FAQ's on the subject ?

just had a door and bag of spacers delivered, never done this before and
don't want to make a hash of it... SWMBO would kill me (c;

LJ

nafuk

in2minds wrote:
any FAQ's on the subject ?

just had a door and bag of spacers delivered, never done this before and
don't want to make a hash of it... SWMBO would kill me (c;

LJ

Use the spacers to get an even clearance around the door frame. Ensure
it's level and inline with the walls. If it's in a brick opening squirt
foam around the frame (with door closed) and leave to set. If it is
into a wooden surround use screws.

Steve Lowe

In my experience of fitting 1 upvc door and several windows I followed
a technique of heel and toe as recommend by a fixer who works for the
company who supplied my windows and doors.

rather than fitting the spaces all around the frame just place them in
opposing corners - normally the hinge side at the bottom and the
opposite top corner

ie

1 ===========
| |
| |
| |
============ 2

so place spacers in corners 1 and 2

in both the horizontal and vertical positions

ie
| *
============
*

spacer position shown by *

hope the ascii art survives the journey through newsnet

regards

splowe.

On 25 May 2005 00:21:04 -0700 "nafuk"
wrote:

in2minds wrote:
any FAQ's on the subject ?

just had a door and bag of spacers delivered, never done this before and
don't want to make a hash of it... SWMBO would kill me (c;

LJ

Use the spacers to get an even clearance around the door frame. Ensure
it's level and inline with the walls. If it's in a brick opening squirt
foam around the frame (with door closed) and leave to set. If it is
into a wooden surround use screws.

- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net