John

Default Wasps Nest

I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there today and
whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of wasps coming and
going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she has got a nest what's the
best way of getting rid of it without resorting to demolishing the house
wall!! The air brick is easily reachable for me to work on so any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

[news]

John wrote:
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity.

hahahahahah .. call teh cops !

RT

David Lang

John wrote:
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity.

hahahahahah .. call teh cops !

ROFL! I nearly wet myself!

Dave

Harvey Van Sickle

On 20 May 2005, John wrote

I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity.

You might like to rephrase that....

Does one still call the local council about this? (Oi - you at the
back - stop s******ing...)

That used to be who dealt with wasps nests, I think.

--
Cheers,
Harvey
Set Square

John wrote:

I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there
today and whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of
wasps coming and going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she
has got a nest what's the best way of getting rid of it without
resorting to demolishing the house wall!! The air brick is easily
reachable for me to work on so any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers

John

Unless the wasps are getting in the house and causing a nuisance, you could
just let them bide - they're not doing any real harm.

If you really want to get rid of them, you need to empty a canister of wasp
nest destroyer powder into the place where they go in and out - when they're
all inside at night.

Or your local council will destroy it for you - usually for a fee unless
you're in receipt of various qualifying benefits.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

The Natural Philosopher

David Lang wrote:

John wrote:

I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity.

hahahahahah .. call teh cops !

ROFL! I nearly wet myself!

Dave

Jusr don't go poking around in there with your flashgun, son.
Mogweed

"John" wrote in message
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there today and
whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of wasps coming and
going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she has got a nest what's the
best way of getting rid of it without resorting to demolishing the house
wall!! The air brick is easily reachable for me to work on so any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

Spray ant powder around their entry point. They'll take it in to the nest on
their way in and out and that'll kill them.

Mogweed.

Cicero

"John" wrote in message
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there today and
whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of wasps coming and
going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she has got a nest what's

the
best way of getting rid of it without resorting to demolishing the house
wall!! The air brick is easily reachable for me to work on so any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

===============
Get an expert opinion on the wasps. Some wasps (usually of foreign origin)
are capable of demolishing brickwork. There was a well-reported case some
years ago where bricks could be seen and heard tumbling to the ground from a
house wall, having been removed by home-seeking wasps.

Of course if they're just the normal local variety just keep the bluebag
handy!

Cic.

Mike

"John" wrote in message
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there today and
whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of wasps coming and
going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she has got a nest what's

the
best way of getting rid of it without resorting to demolishing the house
wall!! The air brick is easily reachable for me to work on so any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Just cover the air brick in vast quantities of wasp killer powder.

dave stanton

===============
Get an expert opinion on the wasps. Some wasps (usually of foreign origin)
are capable of demolishing brickwork. There was a well-reported case some
years ago where bricks could be seen and heard tumbling to the ground from a
house wall, having been removed by home-seeking wasps.

Of course if they're just the normal local variety just keep the bluebag
handy!

Cic.

I take it the wasps were removing the morter, not the bricks !!!

Dave

Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 20 May 2005 16:42:33 +0000 (UTC), John wrote:

If she has got a nest what's the best way of getting rid of it
without resorting to demolishing the house wall!!

Leave it be unless they become a problem or if the flight path from
the entrance is across a path regulary and unavoidably used by people.
They'll do a lot of good in the garden keeping bugs and things down.

If you do have to destroy the nest a bit of powdered "ant killer",
(check it'll do wasps as well) around the entrance hole after they
have gone to bed for the night will do for it in a couple of days.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

anonguy

Check the other side of the airbrick. Normally there's a sleve called a
'cavity liner' that's set between the outer wall airbrick and the inner
one. Unless there are gaps the wasps will be coming in the house.

If they're after food maybe its a Pant(r)y Liner

Cicero

"dave stanton" wrote in message
news

===============
Get an expert opinion on the wasps. Some wasps (usually of foreign

origin)
are capable of demolishing brickwork. There was a well-reported case

some
years ago where bricks could be seen and heard tumbling to the ground

from a
house wall, having been removed by home-seeking wasps.

Of course if they're just the normal local variety just keep the bluebag
handy!

Cic.

I take it the wasps were removing the morter, not the bricks !!!

Dave

=================
No, the wasps actually dislodged the bricks. The story was reported on
national TV. A house wall was seen being demolished by the wasps, although I
suppose (being good DIYers) they removed the mortar first.

Cic.

raden

In message , Set Square
writes
John wrote:

I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there
today and whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of
wasps coming and going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she
has got a nest what's the best way of getting rid of it without
resorting to demolishing the house wall!! The air brick is easily
reachable for me to work on so any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers

John

Unless the wasps are getting in the house and causing a nuisance, you could
just let them bide - they're not doing any real harm.

If you really want to get rid of them, you need to empty a canister of wasp
nest destroyer powder into the place where they go in and out - when they're
all inside at night.

Nippon powder is what I found to be the best when I had to get rid of
the wasps nest to repair the roof

--
geoff

Mary Fisher

"John" wrote in message
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there today and
whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of wasps coming and
going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she has got a nest what's the
best way of getting rid of it without resorting to demolishing the house
wall!! The air brick is easily reachable for me to work on so any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Don't bother, they won't be a problem and they'll only be there until
October at the latest.

Mary

Cheers

John

Mary Fisher

"Cicero" wrote in message news:Jzpje.36184
===============
Get an expert opinion on the wasps. Some wasps (usually of foreign origin)
are capable of demolishing brickwork.

No they're not!

There was a well-reported case some
years ago where bricks could be seen and heard tumbling to the ground from
house wall, having been removed by home-seeking wasps.

It was blown out of all proportion andwan nothing to do with wasps.

Of course if they're just the normal local variety just keep the bluebag
handy!

Bolli.

Mary
who's dealt with more wasp nests than most people have had real hot dinners.

Cic.

Cicero

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Cicero" wrote in message news:Jzpje.36184
===============
Get an expert opinion on the wasps. Some wasps (usually of foreign

origin)
are capable of demolishing brickwork.

No they're not!

===============
I'll stick with a good story - it looked real enough on TV.

=====================
There was a well-reported case some
years ago where bricks could be seen and heard tumbling to the ground

from
house wall, having been removed by home-seeking wasps.

It was blown out of all proportion andwan nothing to do with wasps.

Of course if they're just the normal local variety just keep the bluebag
handy!

Bolli.

Mary
who's dealt with more wasp nests than most people have had real hot

dinners.

=====================
A slight exaggeration, I think! Unless there's a difference between 'hot
dinners' and '*real* hot dinners'.

Cic.

Mary Fisher

"Cicero" wrote in message newsErje.36282
===============
I'll stick with a good story - it looked real enough on TV.

Of course it did - that's what TV's about.

Mary

Owain

Cicero wrote:
I'll stick with a good story - it looked real enough on TV.

So did the spaghetti trees.

Owain

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
Cicero wrote:
I'll stick with a good story - it looked real enough on TV.

So did the spaghetti trees.

LOL! I wish I'dthought of that :-)

Mary

Owain

PeteZahut

"John" wrote in message
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there today and
whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of wasps coming and
going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she has got a nest what's the
best way of getting rid of it without resorting to demolishing the house
wall!! The air brick is easily reachable for me to work on so any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm petrified of wasps so the only advice I'd give is a laser guided
missile.

Mary Fisher

"PeteZahut" wrote in message
k...

"John" wrote in message
I think my Mum may have a wasps nest in her cavity. I was there today and
whilst sat outside in the sunshine I noticed a number of wasps coming and
going in and out of one of her airbricks. If she has got a nest what's
the best way of getting rid of it without resorting to demolishing the
house wall!! The air brick is easily reachable for me to work on so any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm petrified of wasps so the only advice I'd give is a laser guided
missile.

There really is no need to be nervous of wasps, you're a bigger threat to
them than they are to you :-)

Mary

Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 21 May 2005 21:04:59 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

There really is no need to be nervous of wasps, you're a bigger
threat to them than they are to you :-)

Aye, and the more you jump up and down scream and shout the more
interested they become in you. Just ignore it, it'll get bored and fly
of looking for something more interesting, like someone jumping up and
down screaming and shouting. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

how long to eradicate carpenter ant nest [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 25th 05 04:18 AM
wasps in bedroon - ac retun leak? Chris Carruth Home Repair 0 February 17th 05 04:01 AM
Wasp nest Nick UK diy 43 January 31st 05 02:18 AM
BIG Wasps nest Sparks UK diy 25 October 19th 03 11:41 AM
Wasps between Siding angelshamshel Home Repair 2 July 29th 03 08:42 PM