Default Sheath to cover overflow from pop up basin waste

Hi there
I have a couple of basins which I'm installing with no overflows. The
Bristian mixers I have include pop up basin wastes but they allow for
an overflow on the basin. I'm trying to source a little "sheath" which
will slide over the holes in the waste to make it like a solid waste.
Wish I knew the name.

I'm having trouble sourcing this item but I know they exist. Anybody
able to help?

TIA
Sean

BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there
I have a couple of basins which I'm installing with no overflows. The
Bristian mixers I have include pop up basin wastes but they allow for
an overflow on the basin. I'm trying to source a little "sheath" which
will slide over the holes in the waste to make it like a solid waste.
Wish I knew the name.

I'm having trouble sourcing this item but I know they exist. Anybody
able to help?

TIA
Sean

The waste grating you have has slots in the sides, near the top, to allow water
from the overflow to pass with the plug in the hole?

Depending on the depth you need for grating, to make a secure fixing to the
basin, you may have buy a solid bath or kitchen sink waste grating. The holes
and architecture for fixing the waste grating will also need to allow for the
pop-up waste mechanism as well, I'm sure, so you might be stuck unless you
remove the pop-up waste gear.

BigWallop wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Yes thats the area that I'm looking for the sheath to fit over. It will
have rubber seals at either end to keep it water tight. You slide it
over the grated section and then tighten it up by screwing on the pop
up waste. It tightens on the sheath (its hard plastic chrome). You
would think that as I know so much about this part that I would know
where to get it?

___Plug hole_____
\ /
\ / basin
____\_____/_____ seal
| | | |
| | | |
| | Sheath which slides over grated area for overflow
| |
| | | |
_|_|___|__|_ seal
| |
| |
| |___
| |
| |----------------- Pop up waste
| ___|
| |

Depending on the depth you need for grating, to make a secure fixing

to the
basin, you may have buy a solid bath or kitchen sink waste grating.

The holes
and architecture for fixing the waste grating will also need to allow

for the
pop-up waste mechanism as well, I'm sure, so you might be stuck

unless you
remove the pop-up waste gear.

BigWallop

wrote in message
ups.com...

BigWallop wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there
I have a couple of basins which I'm installing with no overflows.

The

snipped

You can obtain traps, either bottle or "U" traps, that have a combined waste
grating. But this still doesn't solve the problem of the pop up waste gear
though.

Looking for alternative to 'bubble' solar pool cover .... Ken Smith Home Ownership 0 September 14th 04 09:09 PM
Full cover or pergola on patio Alex Home Repair 1 May 31st 04 05:44 AM
Need advice automatic cover for (fiberglass) pool Dolchas Home Ownership 0 March 22nd 04 11:07 PM
sink waste vandelay UK diy 9 August 18th 03 05:35 PM
Bath and Basin waste. Troy UK diy 6 July 25th 03 07:41 PM