doozer

Default Change Shoe Colour

The SO has just come back from shopping and has bought a pair of shoes
in dark brown. We were discussing them and agreed that they would be
better in black. Apparently they were the only pair though etc etc.

Anyway, I seem to remember that if you polish brown shoes with black
polish they go black or at least darken to the point where you can't
tell the difference. Can someone confirm this or maybe tell me some
other way to do it?

Thanks
Graham

--

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`· Shallow Sea Aquatics .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·
.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ http://www.shallowsea.com ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`
[news]

doozer wrote:
The SO has just come back from shopping and has bought a pair of shoes
in dark brown. We were discussing them and agreed that they would be
better in black. Apparently they were the only pair though etc etc.

Anyway, I seem to remember that if you polish brown shoes with black
polish they go black or at least darken to the point where you can't
tell the difference. Can someone confirm this or maybe tell me some
other way to do it?

Thanks
Graham

mrs RT used dylon shoe paint on a pair of new boots. they were brown and
she wanted them black, I cautioned against it saying she'd ruin them but I
was proved wrong, they look fine.

check the dylon website for more specific advice

RT

Cicero

"doozer" wrote in message
The SO has just come back from shopping and has bought a pair of shoes
in dark brown. We were discussing them and agreed that they would be
better in black. Apparently they were the only pair though etc etc.

Anyway, I seem to remember that if you polish brown shoes with black
polish they go black or at least darken to the point where you can't
tell the difference. Can someone confirm this or maybe tell me some
other way to do it?

Thanks
Graham

=================
Look in your local cobblers for 'Tuxan' shoe dye.

Cic.

David Lang

Graham

Anyway, I seem to remember that if you polish brown shoes with black
polish they go black or at least darken to the point where you can't
tell the difference. Can someone confirm this or maybe tell me some
other way to do it?

Are you familiar with the expression " dicing with death"?

It's a trap - don't get involved!

Dave

Mary Fisher

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
.. .

You wear your wife's shoes???

Mary
--
Paul Mc Cann

Only the ones that match my dress

Oh of course! I'd forgotten about The Dress, how could I?

Mary
--
Paul Mc Cann

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
doozer wrote:
The SO has just come back from shopping and has bought a pair of shoes
in dark brown. We were discussing them and agreed that they would be
better in black. Apparently they were the only pair though etc etc.

A question for Doctor Drivel. He has a fixation about yellow De Walt boots
even although they are black. And must know about dying things for his
tango dancing in tutus.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.