Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Andrew Sarangan

Default Can you repaint a porcelain sink to change color?

Is it possible to repaint porcelain kitchen sink to change its color
from brown to white? I saw an epoxy porcelain paint at Lowes, and they
claim that it can be used to restore the color of a faded sink.
However, I am not sure if it can be used to change the color from
brown to white (which is a more drastic change).

Anthony Matonak wrote:
While it may be technically possible to do such a thing, I think you
would be better off to simply replace the sink. I am certainly no kind
of expert but I've never heard of anyone having good luck with those
epoxy paints in the long run.

I have to agree with Anthony - I had two complete bathrooms done by the
"Miracle Method" or whatever their name is - lasted a couple of years,
then started chipping off. Best to start with new sinks.

Don

kitchen sink problem: want single-flow crosstop deck sink mixer... but height clearance limited james UK diy 6 March 30th 04 02:43 PM
Single sink for sale PoP UK diy 0 March 4th 04 04:54 PM
Screw in sink Nozza UK diy 8 December 23rd 03 01:26 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM
swanstone sink capillary action R. H. Levy Home Repair 0 June 27th 03 10:40 AM