Dave

Default How to deal with duff plastering work?

I've just had some plastering done as part of an extension and am not
happy; it's rough in places and not level. The builder says his
plasterer is good and there's not a problem. I'm tempted to say fix it
or I'll bring-in someone else and deduct the cost from the overall bill
- but that would destroy any goodwill that's left.
I can't be the first with this problem, how have other people dealt with it?

Dave
[news]

Dave wrote:
I've just had some plastering done as part of an extension and am not
happy; it's rough in places and not level. The builder says his
plasterer is good and there's not a problem. I'm tempted to say fix it
or I'll bring-in someone else and deduct the cost from the overall bill
- but that would destroy any goodwill that's left.
I can't be the first with this problem, how have other people dealt with it?

Dave

same way you suggest, tell him the plasterer may be good but you aren't
happy with the obvious defects. You want the plaster finish to be as good
as the money you are paying - perfect. if he's not happy, tuff. he's the one
that, by his actionshas intoroduced the pessible errosion of goodwill by
attepting to have one over on you by allowing shoddy subbies on the job.

RT

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Dave wrote:
I've just had some plastering done as part of an extension and am not
happy; it's rough in places and not level. The builder says his
plasterer is good and there's not a problem.

He would, wouldn't he?

But he's telling porkies. Any *good* plasterer will produce perfect
surfaces that are perfectly true - especially on a new build. And should
inform if this isn't possible on an older build without additional work.

I had a Victorian rear addition - originally two rooms - totally
replastered to make a larger kitchen. And it's now tiled. And tiles show
up walls that aren't flat and true, especially at the corners.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 05:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM
Pls Help - cannot get copy of DVD to work on DVD player [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 December 12th 04 10:43 PM
Just a thought about Part P... Al Reynolds UK diy 51 December 9th 04 09:50 PM