The Natural Philosopher

Default domestic oil prices.

...and teh answer is ..buy now.

I got an online quote of 25.2p a liter from www.boilerjuice.com, which
was instantly met by Goff's (local supplier) and a bargain struck at 25p
dead.

Oil prices are hovering around $50 a barrel, so I took out some call
options on $50 a barrel, and will be in the money at $51 a barrel.
At $52 a barrel I will make about a third of the oil bill back, and if
they rise any higher it will pay for the christmas tank :-)

So buy now, armed with a good online quote. Stocks are high as its after
the winter shortage, and before the summer petrol burn. Apparently.
Gel

How much were you getting; Ive just used site for 1001 litres of 28sec
for domestic use, and its showing 32.1 inc 5% vat.

I'll need some but am hoping warmer weather
& OPEC increasing output will bring down..a little.
I also keep checking
http://www.scf.co.uk/index.php?p=ord...g=stadomoilord
which is Soutehern based, which is similar.

The Natural Philosopher

Sanni Abacha wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:36:29 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

So buy now, armed with a good online quote. Stocks are high as its after
the winter shortage, and before the summer petrol burn. Apparently.

Good grief TNP. I do believe you are trying to ramp the market;-)
pete

Not I sir!

Mind you....not a bad idea eh?
Gel

I played around on Boiler Juice and East Anglia is about 7p a litre
lower than here in Berkshire!
This site may be useful;

http://www.oilfiredup.com/directory/...gory.asp?id=11

Fen Lad

..and teh answer is ..buy now.

Are you dyslexic? I ask because you have a problem spelling the word
*the* in every single post you have made in recent years.
If you *are* dyslexic, I apologise.
If you are not, get a fecking spellchecker!

The Natural Philosopher

Fen Lad wrote:

..and teh answer is ..buy now.

Are you dyslexic? I ask because you have a problem spelling the word
*the* in every single post you have made in recent years.
If you *are* dyslexic, I apologise.
If you are not, get a fecking spellchecker!

I ain't dyslexic
I have a spell checker.

But at somethiung upwards of a 200 posts a day I can't be arsed to
correct my typing every time.

Gel

Let's get back on track
ie
Dohmestick Oyle Pryces!

Anna Kettle

On Sat, 07 May 2005 19:53:18 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I ain't dyslexic
I have a spell checker.

But at somethiung upwards of a 200 posts a day I can't be arsed to
correct my typing every time.

But Shirley! How many posts you make is entirely irrelevant. The
important thing is how long it takes you to actually install the
spelling checker

And don't tell me that your spelling checker can't spot the teh

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642
Fen Lad

Fen Lad wrote:

..and teh answer is ..buy now.

Are you dyslexic? I ask because you have a problem spelling the word
*the* in every single post you have made in recent years.
If you *are* dyslexic, I apologise.
If you are not, get a fecking spellchecker!

I ain't dyslexic
I have a spell checker.

But at somethiung upwards of a 200 posts a day I can't be arsed to
correct my typing every time.

In that case perhaps you should consider quality rather than quantum.
Many of your posts are bordering on the unreadable.

Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:36:29 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I got an online quote of 25.2p a liter from www.boilerjuice.com,

OUCH Sorry I just fell of my chair.

Just visited that site asked for a quote for 2,000l 28sec domestic. I
now advise those of a nervous dipostion to sit down and brace
themselves. The result: 30.45p/l + VAT... This would be delivered in
the North Pennines.

Silvey http://www.silvey.co.uk quote 26.85p/l online (you have to
lie and entery a postcode in the Bristol/SW area).

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

I ain't dyslexic
I have a spell checker.

But at somethiung upwards of a 200 posts a day I can't be arsed to
correct my typing every time.

But Shirley! How many posts you make is entirely irrelevant. The
important thing is how long it takes you to actually install the
spelling checker

And don't tell me that your spelling checker can't spot the teh

Anna

No Anna, the important thing is how long it actually takes to edit a 800
word posting...

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

The Natural Philosopher

Sanni Abacha wrote:

On Mon, 9 May 2005 08:36:20 +0100, "Fen Lad" wrote:

In that case perhaps you should consider quality rather than quantum.
Many of your posts are bordering on the unreadable.

Try holding a mirror in front of your screen FL. It doesn't make the
slightest difference they're just as unreadable back to front but do
not look as bad;-)
pete

(-: dab sa kool ton od tub tnorf ot kcab elbadarenu sa tsuj re'yeht
ecnereffid tsethgils eht ekam t'nseod tI. LF neercs ruoy fo tnorf ni
rorrim a gnidloh ryT

Dammit, you are right, your words are just as vauluable backwards as
forwards Pete...

tnuc
evita t nemugra
.....;-)
Anna Kettle

On Mon, 09 May 2005 09:58:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

No Anna, the important thing is how long it actually takes to edit a 800
word posting...

What are the reasons that you write 200 postings a day or an 800 word
posting? You could just like typing, but I suspect that like most of
us, you write your postings in order that other people will read them.

If a posting is perfectly clear, succinct, relevant and meaningful
then everyone will read it. If your posting is complete gibberish then
no-one will read it. Somewhere between these two extremes is a optimum
point, where you put just enough effort into making the post(s)
readable so most people will read it (them)

I think that you have misjudged the optimum point and your pearls of
wisdom are not getting through to the masses as well as they could do.
However its your choice

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642
Ian White

Anna Kettle wrote:

If a posting is perfectly clear, succinct, relevant and meaningful then
everyone will read it. If your posting is complete gibberish then
no-one will read it. Somewhere between these two extremes is a optimum
point, where you put just enough effort into making the post(s)
readable so most people will read it (them)

Somewhere between those two extremes is also a cutoff point, where
people notice that he's never willing to 'waste' his own time, but
perfectly willing to waste everyone else's - so they dump him in the
killfile.

--
Ian White

Fen Lad

wrote:

No Anna, the important thing is how long it actually takes to edit a
800
word posting...

What are the reasons that you write 200 postings a day or an 800 word
posting? You could just like typing, but I suspect that like most of
us, you write your postings in order that other people will read them.

If a posting is perfectly clear, succinct, relevant and meaningful
then everyone will read it. If your posting is complete gibberish then
no-one will read it. Somewhere between these two extremes is a optimum
point, where you put just enough effort into making the post(s)
readable so most people will read it (them)

I think that you have misjudged the optimum point and your pearls of
wisdom are not getting through to the masses as well as they could do.
However its your choice

800 word postings seems like verbal diarrhoea to me.

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

No Anna, the important thing is how long it actually takes to edit a 800
word posting...

What are the reasons that you write 200 postings a day or an 800 word
posting? You could just like typing, but I suspect that like most of
us, you write your postings in order that other people will read them.

If a posting is perfectly clear, succinct, relevant and meaningful
then everyone will read it. If your posting is complete gibberish then
no-one will read it. Somewhere between these two extremes is a optimum
point, where you put just enough effort into making the post(s)
readable so most people will read it (them)

I think that you have misjudged the optimum point and your pearls of
wisdom are not getting through to the masses as well as they could do.
However its your choice

800 word postings seems like verbal diarrhoea to me.

One man's trots are another mans fertiliser.
Gilbert

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One man's trots are another mans fertiliser.

Still smells like **** to me.
:O)
Gilbert

The Wanderer

On Tue, 10 May 2005 12:46:18 +0100, Gilbert wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One man's trots are another mans fertiliser.

Still smells like **** to me.

You do at times display an uncanny knack of putting everything into (very
sharp) perspective.....

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Gilbert

Sanni Abacha wrote:

Six words Gilbert. You really are improving. Are your post what I have
hear referred to as Ad Homiens (sp)? Not only can I not spell it but I
don't know what it means.

one among many...
http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...d-hominem.html

Cheers
Gilbert

The Natural Philosopher

Sanni Abacha wrote:

wrote:

[...]

How do you manage to trade futures online without a spell checker TNP?
Surely you would dare put in an instruction that wasn't absolutely
accurate? In the good old days when I had money I used to tape record
instructions and have them read back to me too with the Stockbroker
knowing I was recording them.
pete

Haha. You are right. I was day trading Ciena one day and meant to sell
50,000 dollars worth, but hit the wrong button and bought em instead.

By the time I had got back to the dealing page, they had bounced, and I
sold the 100k later in the day for 5k profit.

C'mon. its all point and click these days, No typing skills required at
all. Otherwsie the City would collapse. They can't spell either...
The Natural Philosopher

Sanni Abacha wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2005 12:46:18 +0100, "Gilbert" wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One man's trots are another mans fertiliser.

Still smells like **** to me.

Six words Gilbert. You really are improving. Are your post what I have
hear referred to as Ad Homiens (sp)? Not only can I not spell it but I
don't know what it means.
pete

Ad hominem. 'To the man'

I.e. an attack not on the argument, but on the arguer.
Mr Ramsbottom

On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:00:42 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Haha. You are right. I was day trading Ciena one day and meant to sell
50,000 dollars worth, but hit the wrong button and bought em instead.

By the time I had got back to the dealing page, they had bounced, and I
sold the 100k later in the day for 5k profit.

C'mon. its all point and click these days, No typing skills required at
all. Otherwsie the City would collapse. They can't spell either...

Bugger all good at playing poker either.

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

How do you manage to trade futures online without a spell checker TNP?
Surely you would dare put in an instruction that wasn't absolutely
accurate? In the good old days when I had money I used to tape record
instructions and have them read back to me too with the Stockbroker
knowing I was recording them.
pete

Haha. You are right. I was day trading Ciena one day and meant to sell
50,000 dollars worth, but hit the wrong button and bought em instead.

By the time I had got back to the dealing page, they had bounced, and I
sold the 100k later in the day for 5k profit.

C'mon. its all point and click these days, No typing skills required at
all. Otherwsie the City would collapse. They can't spell either...

Yup all barra boys these days. You must have a lucky gene though to
make a mistake and still make a profit. Either that or you are not
very good a predicting prices which must mean the rest of the dealers
are pretty poor too;-) Maybe that is why I never made a fortune
because I am clever!!!!!

That was only the one occasion. Mostly I make very careful calculated
decisions that lose me a hundred grand...and the odd cor blimey wot a
stroke of luck that makes a hundred and ten...

pete

OT Gas prices Muff Home Repair 18 May 1st 05 09:01 PM
Why did Grizzly raise their prices? Bob Woodworking 62 January 8th 05 03:20 PM
Oneway raises prices wrz0170 Woodturning 6 December 15th 04 07:43 PM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Upgrade to a three phase domestic supply? Pandora UK diy 32 October 5th 03 02:33 AM