DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DIY and the election (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/105163-diy-election.html)

The Natural Philosopher May 7th 05 07:37 PM

Mike wrote:

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

Frankly as an employer I would be
leeery of anyone who went to
university apart from the top half
dozen or so,

Talk about snotty uniness. What a dork!

So how many grads do you hire each year ?

Used to be half a dozen, but I made the mistake of hiring a few from
crap unis, and sold the business just in time.

Owain May 7th 05 08:56 PM

Derek Geldard wrote:
"Motivation" is the current buzzword in teacher training. ...
I am reliably informed it takes quite a bit to motivate a class of
30 girls to go out on the sports field in November and play
hockey, ...

Motivate? What's wrong with intimidate, worked when I was at school.

Owain

Owain May 7th 05 10:38 PM

Derek * wrote:
Motivate? What's wrong with intimidate, worked when I was at school.

Ah yes, I remember it well...
It's not PC...

When Ah wuz a lad, PCs were quite intimidating too

You appear to be male...

ziiiip Er, Yes. ziiiiiip

As I said 1/3rd of them have a ready excuse at any one time.

Feh, excuses. They'd move quick enough if they were in a jungle being
chased by gorillas (or guerillas).

Or perhaps if they were being chased by guerillas they'd just stand
still and paint their nails.

Owain

John Rumm May 8th 05 05:33 AM

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Maybe mental hospitals are better

They plainly haven't helped in this case.

He must be one of those "care in the community" patients....

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Hall May 8th 05 09:46 AM

On Sun, 08 May 2005 05:33:59 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Maybe mental hospitals are better

They plainly haven't helped in this case.

He must be one of those "care in the community" patients....

One wonders what the community has done to deserve it though.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

:::Jerry:::: May 8th 05 12:52 PM

"Owain" wrote in message
Derek * wrote:
Motivate? What's wrong with intimidate, worked when I was at

school.
Ah yes, I remember it well...
It's not PC...

When Ah wuz a lad, PCs were quite intimidating too

You appear to be male...

ziiiip Er, Yes. ziiiiiip

As I said 1/3rd of them have a ready excuse at any one time.

Feh, excuses. They'd move quick enough if they were in a jungle

being
chased by gorillas (or guerillas).

Or perhaps if they were being chased by guerillas they'd just stand
still and paint their nails.

Nah, they would stand there and ask each other what the animals