Mike Hibbert

Default Polypipe restricts flow?

Hello all,

Just fitting an aqualisa shower, and note that in the instructions, it
says that only copper pipe is to be used. It goes on to say the using
polypipe (and stainless steel) will restict the flow.

Happy to use the copper, but my inquiring mind wants to know why that is
the case?

Ideas???

Mike
John Rumm

Mike Hibbert wrote:

Hello all,

Just fitting an aqualisa shower, and note that in the instructions, it
says that only copper pipe is to be used. It goes on to say the using
polypipe (and stainless steel) will restict the flow.

Happy to use the copper, but my inquiring mind wants to know why that is
the case?

Ideas???

Same outside diameter, thicker walled, ergo smaller bore.

(Not sure how that would apply to stainless though).

--
Cheers,

John.

Alex

What model shower have you installed ,as checking on their web site it
clearly says connections suitable for copper or plastic.this is for the
Quartz model which I have installed with plastic pipe in my own home

Mike Hibbert

Alex wrote:
What model shower have you installed ,as checking on their web site it
clearly says connections suitable for copper or plastic.this is for the
Quartz model which I have installed with plastic pipe in my own home

It's the Axis digital. Where did you find the bit about copper and
plastic on the website. I can't see it. I'm only wondering so that I can
find a similar page for the Axis.
Alex

http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/80256D50003105DE/(httpProducts_Customer_Services)/
3D23E756470BB88980256D8F0047833B?OpenDocument

look under tech data for quartz concealed ,it does not have tech details for
the Axis digital

Doctor Evil

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Just fitting an aqualisa shower, and note that in the instructions, it
says that only copper pipe is to be used. It goes on to say the using
polypipe (and stainless steel) will restict the flow.

Happy to use the copper, but my inquiring mind wants to know why that is
the case?

Ideas???

Plastic pipe is reduced in bore because of the inserts at the fittings.
15mm may be approx 12mm.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

Plastic pipe is reduced in bore because of the inserts at the fittings.
15mm may be approx 12mm.

Its reduced bore along its full length. The reduction at the fittings
will have a further effect, but since it is only for short lengths it
will have less effect on flow resistance than you might expect.

--
Cheers,

John.

Mike Hibbert

Alex wrote:
http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/80256D50003105DE/(httpProducts_Customer_Services)/
3D23E756470BB88980256D8F0047833B?OpenDocument

look under tech data for quartz concealed ,it does not have tech details for
the Axis digital

thats a shame, thanks for digging it out tho!
Doctor Evil

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Plastic pipe is reduced in bore because of the inserts at the fittings.
15mm may be approx 12mm.

Its reduced bore along its full length. The reduction at the fittings
will have a further effect, but since it is only for short lengths it
will have less effect on flow resistance than you might expect.

Copper will give 15mm all through, plastic using 15mm will not.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Set Square

Doctor Evil wrote:

Copper will give 15mm all through, .

Not quite - unless someone has invented some magic pipe with zero wall
thickness!
--
Cheers,
Set Square