adrian

Default Electrical connector?

Hi,

I need to change the electric terminal block connecting up my shower. The
shower is rated as 8.5KW and is reccomended to use a 40A fuse.

Problem is I can only find a Terminal Block rated to 30A. Will this do?

Thanks
Adrian

Mogweed

"adrian" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to change the electric terminal block connecting up my shower. The
shower is rated as 8.5KW and is reccomended to use a 40A fuse.

Problem is I can only find a Terminal Block rated to 30A. Will this do?

Thanks
Adrian

Not sure but I saw some terminal/chocolate blocks at B&Q the other day rated
at 60A.

Mogweed.

chris French

In message , adrian
writes
Hi,

I need to change the electric terminal block connecting up my shower. The
shower is rated as 8.5KW and is reccomended to use a 40A fuse.

Problem is I can only find a Terminal Block rated to 30A. Will this do?

No, an 8.5 kW shower will draw 37A at 230V.

You can get 60A choc blocks.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLCON60.html
--
Chris French, Leeds
Andy Wade

adrian wrote:

I need to change the electric terminal block connecting up my shower.

Noting your other post about this, i.e.

My shower started smoking this morning. Swithced it off took the cover off
and the black wire had worked its way out of the connection terminal block.
The terminal block is now melted and un serviceable.

I suggest you contact the shower manufacturer's service dept. and obtain
an official spare part.

--
Andy
Dave Stanton

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:04:52 +0000, adrian wrote:

Hi,

I need to change the electric terminal block connecting up my shower. The
shower is rated as 8.5KW and is reccomended to use a 40A fuse.

Problem is I can only find a Terminal Block rated to 30A. Will this do?

Thanks
Adrian

Think you should note what Andy said and get the offical spare part if
poss.

Dave

again
in the future!!

Mike

"adrian" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to change the electric terminal block connecting up my shower. The
shower is rated as 8.5KW and is reccomended to use a 40A fuse.

Problem is I can only find a Terminal Block rated to 30A. Will this do?

No. TLC do 60A ones - (they're the elliptical ones). They are expensive
but when you open one up you can see how much better made they are.