Rob Nicholson

Default Mira Sport power ratings

My Mum's existing Mira Sport shower is playing up and it's probably not
worthwhile trying to get it repaired or fixed. I'm not sure of the exact
rating of the old shower but it's not especially powerful but fine for my
mum. What's the practical difference between the 7.5kw and the 9kw versions?
I assume that as the heater is more powerful, it can heat the water up in
less time as it travels through therefore allowing a higher flow rate.

Cheers, Rob.

Peter Scott

"Rob Nicholson" wrote in message
My Mum's existing Mira Sport shower is playing up and it's probably not
worthwhile trying to get it repaired or fixed. I'm not sure of the exact
rating of the old shower but it's not especially powerful but fine for my
mum. What's the practical difference between the 7.5kw and the 9kw

versions?
I assume that as the heater is more powerful, it can heat the water up in
less time as it travels through therefore allowing a higher flow rate.

In very cold weather you might find that, even with the shower turned down
low, you can't get the water as hot as you would like it.

Peter Scott