Reevesy

Default Lifting a few floor tiles

I am in the process of minor renovations in a bathroom and have
discovered a problem. I assume that at sone point in the past a storage
heater was installed and this heater has a long metal bracket which
takes the weight of the heater (those bricks inside are pretty heavy !)
and lifts it about 3 inches from the floor.

At some point after the heater was installed the previous owner must
have decided that they wanted a tiled floor (you can see where I'm
heading.........) and whoever laid the floor very kindly tiled OVER the
base of the metal bracket !

I want to remove the heater completely but to remove the bracket I have
to either:

a) lift the floor tiles (I hadn't planned to replace the floor)
b) cut the visible pat of the bracket off (although its shape and
location make this very difficult)

Neither option looks attractive. Can anyone advise on a way to remove
the floor tiles without damage (thter are no spares of course).

Grumps

I presume we are talking about vinyl tiles?,
If so the easy way is to gently warm the tile using a blow torch or even a
hair drier and carefully use a paint scrapper to lift the tile, this will
work with most adhesives or self-adhesive tiles..
All be good
Grumps

"Reevesy" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Reevesy

Sadly not - we're talking ceramic ones !