Default Lifting Vinyl Flooring

We are trying to lift vinyl flooring that has been glued very firmly
in place.

We have bought a special tool (like a paper scraper but bigger) but it
still doesn't come up very easily.

Can anyone suggest the best way to remove it.

Thanks
rrh

wrote in message
We are trying to lift vinyl flooring that has been glued very firmly
in place. We have bought a special tool (like a paper scraper but bigger)

but it
still doesn't come up very easily. Can anyone suggest the best way to

remove it.

Did this recently using my SDS drill in chisel mode and a 75mm tile-removing
chisel. Worked brilliantly but watch out for your eardrums - and the cost of
the chisel (£30 from Screwfix and others say they break easily if you don't
think about where the forces are applied and follow the instructions
carefully). May not compute if you don't already have a rotation-stoppable
SDS drill but otherwise I fear you are doomed to an awful lot of manual
labour with your paper-scraper-but-bigger.

It's a solid sheet about 20 x 12 and extremely securely fitted. I am
going to try a heat gun.

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:04:04 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:25:00 +0100, wrote:

We are trying to lift vinyl flooring that has been glued very firmly
in place.

Are these individual self adhesive tiles or sheet? See other posts of
today, have you tried throughly warming the vinyl and goo?

Jayne

wrote in message
It's a solid sheet about 20 x 12 and extremely securely fitted. I am
going to try a heat gun.

Please be careful - a friend of mine has a son who did this to life vinyl
tiles, and he ended up in hospital on a ventilator for a week and is still
suffering from kidney damage from the fumes off the glue.

Jayne