EC

Default Fused 5amp Three Pin Plug - Part Number Anyone?

I want to buy 8 *fused* 5amp three pin plug's. Looked on screwfix and
tlc, looked around MK's site but can't find any.

Anyone know where I can go and purchase some easily?

Cheers.

Andrew Gabriel

In article . com,
"EC" writes:
I want to buy 8 *fused* 5amp three pin plug's. Looked on screwfix and
tlc, looked around MK's site but can't find any.

Anyone know where I can go and purchase some easily?

AFAIK, MK were the only people to do these for a long time.
If they no longer do so, then I think you are out of luck.
(No MK catalogue handy to look up the part number, sorry.)
What do you want them for?

--
Andrew Gabriel
EC

I have put in a new radial lamp circuit in my lounge. I have protected
the circuit at the fuseboard with a 5amp fuse but would like the extra
comfort of a blowing bulb not taking out the main fuse (still have a
Wylex fusebox with wired cartridge fuses).

Andrew Gabriel

In article . com,
"EC" writes:
I have put in a new radial lamp circuit in my lounge. I have protected
the circuit at the fuseboard with a 5amp fuse but would like the extra
comfort of a blowing bulb not taking out the main fuse (still have a
Wylex fusebox with wired cartridge fuses).

Is that a wired (BS3038?) or cartridge (BS1361) fuse?
Anyway, in either case, that's unlikely to happen so just use
the regular unfused type. BTW, 2A sockets are probably more
normal for this purpose (and could be used on a circuit fused
at up to 10A), or for fixed lighting the Klik plugs and sockets
have now taken over.

--
Andrew Gabriel
EC

It is wired.

Too late for 2amp sockets as I already have 8 5amps on the walls!
Either ways I will just get the standard unfused 5amp plugs.

Cheers

Andy Wade

EC wrote:

Too late for 2amp sockets as I already have 8 5amps on the walls!
Either ways I will just get the standard unfused 5amp plugs.

MK still do fused 2A & 5A plugs. The 5A fused version is type 641 WHI
(505 WHI for unfused). The fused ones use those BS 646 fuses (like in
clock connectors). These are very fast and, IME, will always blow when
a lamp fails, which is more of a PITA than an advantage. I'd use
unfused plugs and make sure you only buy reputable lamps with built in
fuses.

--
Andy

EC wrote:
I have put in a new radial lamp circuit in my lounge. I have

protected
the circuit at the fuseboard with a 5amp fuse but would like the

extra
comfort of a blowing bulb not taking out the main fuse (still have a
Wylex fusebox with wired cartridge fuses).

that wont happen, end of problem.

NT

Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
EC wrote:
I have put in a new radial lamp circuit in my lounge. I have protected
the circuit at the fuseboard with a 5amp fuse but would like the extra
comfort of a blowing bulb not taking out the main fuse (still have a
Wylex fusebox with wired cartridge fuses).

Bulbs simply don't take out old fashioned fuses when they blow. MCBs, yes.

--
*A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Bob Eager

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:20:51 UTC, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

*A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

Actually, it was originally 1/120 - double the U.S. line frequency - I
think.

Oh, and 'me too' with the comments about Dr. Evil!
http://www.diybanter.com
Owain

EC wrote:
I have put in a new radial lamp circuit in my lounge. I have protected
the circuit at the fuseboard with a 5amp fuse but would like the extra
comfort of a blowing bulb not taking out the main fuse (still have a
Wylex fusebox with wired cartridge fuses).

Use dimmer switches. A dimmer will blow to protect the main fuse :-)

Owain

EC

I have a 1000W dimmer on the circuit so lets hope it can take one bulb
blowing