t60 t60 is offline
Junior Member

Default building kitchen unit around boiler

Hi
Anyone got any experience of this. I'm installing a Homebase kitchen and bought a 600 wide wall unit to fit around the boiler. (A fair amount of cutting out top and bottem expected). All looks to be fine except the wall unit is not tall enough and they don't do taller versions.
Suspect I will have to buy a taller door (intended for a freezer housing) and do some major work to make a carcass taller.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has got round this problem.
Andy
Oliver

Yeah I used the broom unit from Ikea was 180cm or something tall but affixed
it to the wall so it was raised of the floor giving me the extra space above
the boiler. Suggest you check that your boiler is suitable for use in a
kitchen unit. mine only needed 5mm of clearance around it

Harry Bloomfield

t60 submitted this idea :
Hi
Anyone got any experience of this. I'm installing a Homebase kitchen
and bought a 600 wide wall unit to fit around the boiler. (A fair
amount of cutting out top and bottem expected). All looks to be fine
except the wall unit is not tall enough and they don't do taller
versions.
Suspect I will have to buy a taller door (intended for a freezer
housing) and do some major work to make a carcass taller.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has got round this problem.
Andy

I managed to use a cut down base unit and base sized door. I then added
the matching trim I had used on the wall units, both above and below
the unit. I spent a little extra effort on making it quick and easy to
remove, for when the boiler needs to be serviced. The finished unit
looks identical to a wall unit, just a little taller.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

t60 t60 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bloomfield
[...]

Thanks for your replies.
Pretty much as expected. Either adapt a different carcass or adapt the one I've got.
Cheers
Andy

Building kitchen cabinets - any cost savings? Todd Fatheree Woodworking 128 July 15th 05 05:42 AM
Old electrical wiring to outbuildings Nate Baxley Home Repair 11 July 19th 04 07:53 PM
Kitchen waste disposal unit dead a_mcbride UK diy 2 July 5th 04 06:10 PM
Building custom kitchen - need sources for cabinet without doorsor shelves Matt Mason Home Repair 12 July 17th 03 05:06 AM