Default Venerable B&D chainsaw needs replacing

I have decided to replace my venerable B&D electric chainsaw. it's not
really worn out completely but the oil filler is a bit of a pain and
the chain brake is probably not as good as it was (nor as good as
those on new saws). It's served me well for more than 10 years, has
cut tons of logs and has cut down a few biggish Leylandii.

So, what to replace it with? I don't want to spend more than £100
(that was all the B&D cost). I see no point in doing so, I doubt very
much if I'll wear out a chainsaw. I think I'll go for a slightly
longer bar, say 16" or 18" (the B&D is either 12" or 14").

Two possibles I see at the moment a-

JCB 1800W, 16" £44.97 at present, incredibly cheap
Ryobi ECW1836 £51.35 at tool-net

I know JCB are just a label stuck on cheapo far east offerings but
that's not really a problem as almost anything I buy is almost
certainly going to be from the far east anyway.

Any comments or other suggestions would be welcome.

--
Chris Green

My Wonderful Stihl Chainsaw... Bill Home Ownership 10 March 22nd 05 04:03 AM
Replacing taps. Mary Pegg UK diy 7 July 3rd 04 01:42 PM
Sears chainsaw parts Herman Munster Home Repair 2 July 31st 03 09:44 PM
Tree, branch, fence, chainsaw, me, advice? Colin UK diy 3 July 27th 03 08:26 PM
Stabilized ChainSaw Bar?? Accuracy needed. MrMercedes Metalworking 2 July 14th 03 10:11 AM