Colin

Default Tree, branch, fence, chainsaw, me, advice?

Hi,

Last night a third of a large tree fell and broke about 30 feet of post and
rail fence.

Would this be covered by buildings insurance (repairing fence and removing
tree)?

If it is, have I any chance of getting the insurance company to pay for me
to dispose of the branch and repair the fence? I want to chop the wood for
firewood anyway. The branch is probably 2.5 to 3 feet in diameter and very
long and so I would have to purchase a larger chainsaw than I have now. I
was wandering whether the insurance company would be open to the suggestion
of contributing towards a chainsaw if I was to fix the mess.

Any similar experiences with insurance companies? (BTW the insurance company
is Direct Line).

TIA, Colin

Philip Wagstaff

Surely the best advice is ask Direct Line. It'll all depend on your policy
and the way they interpret it. If they start playing tough (my car insurance
co say they have the most difficulty getting money out of DL) then come back
for advice on getting them to change their mind.

"Colin" wrote in message
[...]

Colin

This, of course, is just my experience. Maybe your insurance company
is wonderful... in which case please let me know as my renewal's
coming up soon.

That reminds me of a subsidence claim I had for a previous garage with a
It turned out that the preferred contractor lived next door to the loss
adjuster and was the only one that quoted for the job...

Colin