EC

Default 10mm or 8mm Microbore - How can I tell?

I'm modifying some of my plumbing. Going to fit two radiators to
replace old ones (now binned). The existing pipework to the rads is
microbore to a valve, the pipes both go into the valve on one side of
the rad.

Im going to cut the pipework under the floor and, using pushfit
couplers and copper 10mm microbore, bring new pipe to each end of the
new radiators and use pushfit trv's and lockshield's at each end.

I want to buy the parts I need now and holding a ruler across the
outside of the microbore it reads 10mm but is microbore measured by
inner or outer diameter?

I don't want to purchase the wrong couplers/reducers for where I will
be connecting to the old pipework.

Cheers

EC

Set Square

EC wrote:

I'm modifying some of my plumbing. Going to fit two radiators to
replace old ones (now binned). The existing pipework to the rads is
microbore to a valve, the pipes both go into the valve on one side of
the rad.

Im going to cut the pipework under the floor and, using pushfit
couplers and copper 10mm microbore, bring new pipe to each end of the
new radiators and use pushfit trv's and lockshield's at each end.

I want to buy the parts I need now and holding a ruler across the
outside of the microbore it reads 10mm but is microbore measured by
inner or outer diameter?

I don't want to purchase the wrong couplers/reducers for where I will
be connecting to the old pipework.

Cheers

EC

O.D. - if it measures 10mm, it *is* 10mm.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Changing Ch from 10mm to 15mm Stuart UK diy 5 March 29th 05 08:08 PM
10mm Steel Rod 1m NealUK UK diy 13 August 26th 04 01:41 AM
Microbore Earth Bonding Charles Middleton UK diy 16 May 10th 04 01:05 PM
Microbore CH better than 15mm - says plumber Lobster UK diy 31 April 7th 04 09:44 AM
Removing Old Microbore Radiator Stephen Jones UK diy 4 March 16th 04 12:28 PM