Martin Pentreath

Default Making electrical connection to thermostat contacts

I'm planning on using one of these thermostats:

http://img-europe.electrocomponents....C561460-01.jpg

to control the extractor fan in my bathroom. The idea is to put the
thermostat on the hot pipe going to the shower so that when the shower
is turned on it triggers the fan.

I'm planning to use 1.5mm twin and earth to make the connection
between the fan and the thermostat, which I think should be more than
adequate. But how should I connect the cable to those contacts on the
thermostat?

[By the way, the thermostat is from http://rswww.com part no 250-6106]
Andy Wade

Martin Pentreath wrote:

to control the extractor fan in my bathroom. The idea is to put the
thermostat on the hot pipe going to the shower so that when the shower
is turned on it triggers the fan.

Why not use a humidistat, which would have the advantage of activating
the fan whatever the source of moisture - bath, shower or basin?

I'm planning to use 1.5mm twin and earth to make the connection
between the fan and the thermostat, which I think should be more than
adequate. But how should I connect the cable to those contacts on the
thermostat?

Those look like 0.25 in. blade terminals, so you need 0.25 in. insulated
crimp female receptacles, red or blue for 1.5mm^2. It's better to use
those on stranded flexible wire and connect to the twin & earth via a
suitable terminal block inside whatever housing you put the 'stat in.

--
Andy
chris French

In message , Andy Wade
writes
Martin Pentreath wrote:

to control the extractor fan in my bathroom. The idea is to put the
thermostat on the hot pipe going to the shower so that when the shower
is turned on it triggers the fan.

Why not use a humidistat, which would have the advantage of activating
the fan whatever the source of moisture - bath, shower or basin?

Yep, I used basic Manrose humidistat in our bathroom. It works well on
the whole. Occasionally it comes on in response to general high humidity
outside, but normally works well.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Martin Pentreath wrote:

I'm planning on using one of these thermostats:

http://img-europe.electrocomponents....C561460-01.jpg

to control the extractor fan in my bathroom. The idea is to put the
thermostat on the hot pipe going to the shower so that when the

shower
is turned on it triggers the fan.

clever idea, will give run on as well. Just check it goes up or down to
the required temp.

NT

Help! Interapid 312B-1 contact point questions Scott Metalworking 12 February 21st 05 05:41 PM
Philips 10PR21C1 (old model) Antenna Connection Problem Jerry G. Electronics Repair 1 July 17th 04 04:48 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM