Tony

Default Boiler (gas) in bathroom?

I am currently planning out our new bathroom. In order to free up space in
the kitchen we would like to have a new boiler installed in the bathroom.
So far as I can see we would be okay so far as the gas side of things is
concerned, as long as it was room sealed. However, I am concerned about
whether it would be okay because of the associated electrics (controls,
pump, programmer, fused connection unit). The boiler would be in a cupboard
approximately 1m from the bath and 2m from the shower.

Anybody able to advise whether this would be permissible within the current
regualtions? Any advioce gratefully received as we are still in the outline
stage at the moment.

Doctor Evil

"Tony" wrote in message
I am currently planning out our new bathroom. In order to free up space

in
the kitchen we would like to have a new boiler installed in the bathroom.
So far as I can see we would be okay so far as the gas side of things is
concerned, as long as it was room sealed. However, I am concerned about
whether it would be okay because of the associated electrics (controls,
pump, programmer, fused connection unit). The boiler would be in a

cupboard
approximately 1m from the bath and 2m from the shower.

Anybody able to advise whether this would be permissible within the

current
regualtions? Any advioce gratefully received as we are still in the

outline
stage at the moment.

As long as the electrical parts are inside the cupboard then no problem.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
[-=Dan=-]

"Tony" wrote in message
I am currently planning out our new bathroom. In order to free up space in
the kitchen we would like to have a new boiler installed in the bathroom.
So far as I can see we would be okay so far as the gas side of things is
concerned, as long as it was room sealed. However, I am concerned about
whether it would be okay because of the associated electrics (controls,
pump, programmer, fused connection unit). The boiler would be in a
cupboard
approximately 1m from the bath and 2m from the shower.

Anybody able to advise whether this would be permissible within the
current
regualtions? Any advioce gratefully received as we are still in the
outline
stage at the moment.

Hey, we want to move our boiler from the bathroom to the kitchen. Shall we
just swap houses?!

:P