Old April 5th 05, 11:06 PM

Default Removing salt deposits from walls

Having moved into a newish house (about eight years old) I am plagued
by disfiguring salt deposits on the external garden walls. I have tried
brushing them off, but to no avail. The only other advice I have seen
is to clean them off using a powerwasher. However, I do not possess one
of these and am on a tight budget so I wondered if anyone knew of any
alternative suggestions for removal. Any advice greatfully received as
my neighbours already think I am slightly insane for futilely brushing
my walls at strange hours of the day!

Old April 5th 05, 11:46 PM
Mary Fisher

wrote in message
oups.com...
Having moved into a newish house (about eight years old) I am plagued
by disfiguring salt deposits on the external garden walls. I have tried
brushing them off, but to no avail. The only other advice I have seen
is to clean them off using a powerwasher. However, I do not possess one
of these and am on a tight budget so I wondered if anyone knew of any
alternative suggestions for removal. Any advice greatfully received as
my neighbours already think I am slightly insane for futilely brushing
my walls at strange hours of the day!

There are much worse things in life. Forget it and enjoy yourself!

Mary

Old April 6th 05, 12:04 AM
Jeff

Mary Fisher wrote :-

There are much worse things in life. Forget it and enjoy yourself!

Oh, I thought you were going to offer to lick it off for him
( still giggling at that thread )

Regards Jeff

Old April 6th 05, 12:11 AM
Mary Fisher

"Jeff" wrote in message
.. .

Mary Fisher wrote :-

There are much worse things in life. Forget it and enjoy yourself!

Oh, I thought you were going to offer to lick it off for him
( still giggling at that thread )

I haven't finished our own house yet. All that crawling around with bum in
the air isn't dignified at my age.

And size.

Mary

Regards Jeff

Old April 6th 05, 12:13 AM
Philip Wagstaff

From previous threads (going back years) it is my understanding that you
cannnot, it's a never ending job. Some bricks suffer worse than others.
That's it.

oups.com...

Old April 6th 05, 02:20 AM
raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

Mary Fisher wrote :-

There are much worse things in life. Forget it and enjoy yourself!

Oh, I thought you were going to offer to lick it off for him
( still giggling at that thread )

I haven't finished our own house yet. All that crawling around with bum in
the air isn't dignified at my age.

And size.

Mary

Photos ?

--
geoff
Old April 6th 05, 09:15 AM
Andrew McKay

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:20:21 GMT, raden wrote:

I haven't finished our own house yet. All that crawling around with bum in
the air isn't dignified at my age.

And size.

Photos ?

Don't go there. PLEASE don't go there....Mary is not that sort of
lady. At least, I don't think she is that sort of lady.....

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry - http://www.kazmax.co.uk

Old April 6th 05, 10:01 AM
smudger

give it 2 or 3 winters it will all be gone.
Smudge

Old April 6th 05, 11:25 AM
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

I haven't finished our own house yet. All that crawling around with bum in
the air isn't dignified at my age.

And size.

Mary

Photos ?

There are few takes photos of me. For some reason I'm not regarded as
photogenic. Hrumph.

Although I should think that's definitely so when my bum's in the air ...

Mary

--
geoff

Old April 6th 05, 11:25 AM
Mary Fisher

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:20:21 GMT, raden wrote:

I haven't finished our own house yet. All that crawling around with bum
in
the air isn't dignified at my age.

And size.

Photos ?

Don't go there. PLEASE don't go there....Mary is not that sort of
lady. At least, I don't think she is that sort of lady.....

I'm certainly not any kind of lady.

Mary