Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mike ring

Default Stuck drain cock on DHW

I just tentatively had a go at the drain cock, mainy to test my booster
pump in the inverted position - unpressurised water is hard to find in me
hovel - and found it's jammed fast, as far as I can see with a mirror the
suare bit is rounded, and I can't really get to it because it's 1/2" from a
side wall on about half a ton of brassware left over from the war.

That's a great start to the project.

My only thought is perhaps I can siphon out with a hose in the top after
I've drained the loft tank.

I don't want 114 litres of water over me floors, anyone help me on
minimising the flood?

mike

Easy drain central heating John Rumm UK diy 5 March 30th 04 10:58 PM
Drain cock for central heating mike UK diy 6 February 21st 04 09:53 PM
CH drain cock leaking Alan Campbell UK diy 2 December 31st 03 12:32 PM
Drain cock Ed Rear UK diy 21 November 3rd 03 11:06 AM
shower drain for tiled shower floor g UK diy 3 September 2nd 03 01:55 AM