Rob

Default Arianet PDVD-2255 fault

Hi, ive got an Arianet 2255 DVD player and its been playin gup for a
while and has now decided to die on me, heres a description of the
problem:

When switching it on the DVD initial picture flicked on and off on the
TV screen whilst the DVD players LCD display also flicked on and off
at the same time. Eventually after a minute or so the DVD player
stayed on and so did the picture on the TV screen. It then operated
normally. However just recently it comes on straight away but there is
no picture on the screen at all, I can here the sound but cant see the
picture? Ive checked the scart lead and its not that, i tried using a
s-video lead and that doesnt work. The only thing I think it could is
the dvd player itself has broken. Ive tried a different scart input in
the back of the tv, still doesnt work. Ive been told by someone that
you shouldnt keep DVD players plugged in even when turned off at the
unit because it ruins them, i didnt know this and perhaps should have
read my manual! doh! If I have broken it by leaving it plugged in all
the time what component in the player will need to be replaced, will
it be an easy thing to fix or shall i give it up as a bad job and just
buy another player?

Any help anyone can give me is much appreciated!
Cheers!
Rob