Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Denon AH-D1100 headphone cord.

It looks like a family pet chewed through the cord of these nice Denon
headphones. I called Pacific Coast Parts and was told the cord is not
available as a separate part. I could buy a set of new headphones, same make
and model, for about $70 from them and that includes shipping. Does anyone
have a source for a headphone cord (3.5mm sized) that branches into two
separate leads for connecting each driver independently? In other words,
there is no wire going through the headband. It's just a separate pair of
wires to the left and right drivers. I was unable to locate anything on an
internet search. Perhaps I should just by a cheap pair of headphones and
scavenge the cord.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"David Farber" wrote in message
It looks like a family pet chewed through the cord of these nice Denon
headphones. I called Pacific Coast Parts and was told the cord is not
available as a separate part. I could buy a set of new headphones, same
make and model, for about $70 from them and that includes shipping. Does
anyone have a source for a headphone cord (3.5mm sized) that branches into
two separate leads for connecting each driver independently? In other
words, there is no wire going through the headband. It's just a separate
pair of wires to the left and right drivers. I was unable to locate
anything on an internet search. Perhaps I should just by a cheap pair of
headphones and scavenge the cord.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

That was going to be my exact suggestion. If you can, rescue the cord by
unsoldering rather than cutting, as it can be a bitch to get that superflex
headphone cable to solder-tin back into usable 'tails' ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Arfa

Good point about saving the ends. That's something I would have thought of
after I cut the cord!

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Farber wrote:
I wound up using a miniplug to RCA adapter and that worked pretty
well.

Cool. Thanks for posting the results!

Matt Roberds

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message ...
David Farber wrote:
I wound up using a miniplug to RCA adapter and that worked pretty
well.

Cool. Thanks for posting the results!

Matt Roberds

You're welcome!
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Old English B22 (bayonet) cord plugs and cord sockets Jim Hawkins[_2_] UK diy 2 January 29th 14 09:38 PM
Why is electric cord thicker than it used to be, and do they make little switches for thick cord. micky Home Repair 23 September 3rd 12 04:00 AM
Headphone socket Manticore UK diy 7 February 14th 11 10:34 AM
Anyone know the name of the shower head that you have to pull a cord to turn it on, and releaseing the cord turns it off? Brett Miller Home Repair 5 March 9th 06 06:14 AM
No tv headphone sound David Sewell Electronics Repair 2 April 21st 05 10:42 PM