Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gypsy business scammers

On 1/15/2012 8:55 PM, Ignoramus30685 wrote:
My business was recently visited by suspicious people. There were
three guys in a truck, slightly dark skinned. I and my guy were near
the open overhead door.

They stopped by and asked if I am selling the building. I said
no. Then they handed me a business card and said that they were in a
roofing business. The card included a website URL, which, as I later
learned, was not even in the WHOIS database, so it was totally bogus.

They they saw stuff inside and asked what I do, I said selling
industrial equipment. Wow, they said, we need some equipment, "we have
CNC". Hm, I thought, roofers have CNC? I said no, right now I cannot
admit anyone. Then they asked if my truck was for sale and whether
they can rent space in my huge front parking lot.

At this point I was pretty aware that this is a suspicious situation,
they look like Gypsies, have a Gypsy accent, and act like Gypsies too,
trying to get the foot in the door, so I gently suggested that they
seek business elsewhere.

I was wondering if this is a unique experience or someone else has
seen that sort of thing.

thanks

Liberally sprinkle used cartridge cases around and leave a car in the
parking lot over nights but move it often. Lights on timers also help
with the illusion as well as big dog dishes and toys outside by the
doors. The background criminal element probably has you all cased out
and waiting for a good haul.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 04:20:34 -0500, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

[...]

You forgot the radar dog. (All the noise with none of the mess!
http://www.amazon.com/Barking-Alarm-.../dp/B003CIS9YG

--
I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
--Duke Ellington