Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gypsy business scammers

On 01/15/2012 05:55 PM, Ignoramus30685 wrote:
My business was recently visited by suspicious people. There were
three guys in a truck, slightly dark skinned. I and my guy were near
the open overhead door.

They stopped by and asked if I am selling the building. I said
no. Then they handed me a business card and said that they were in a
roofing business. The card included a website URL, which, as I later
learned, was not even in the WHOIS database, so it was totally bogus.

They they saw stuff inside and asked what I do, I said selling
industrial equipment. Wow, they said, we need some equipment, "we have
CNC". Hm, I thought, roofers have CNC? I said no, right now I cannot
admit anyone. Then they asked if my truck was for sale and whether
they can rent space in my huge front parking lot.

At this point I was pretty aware that this is a suspicious situation,
they look like Gypsies, have a Gypsy accent, and act like Gypsies too,
trying to get the foot in the door, so I gently suggested that they
seek business elsewhere.

I was wondering if this is a unique experience or someone else has
seen that sort of thing.

thanks

They may be Travellers.
Here's a Colorado govt. website warning about them.
http://county.pueblo.org/government/...chive/2011/may