Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PING: Gunner

Do you have a high-speed mandrel? Ideally, 10-15k rpm. Something I can
drive with a flat belt and attach a cut-off wheel. The one I have spun a
Barden bearing and ate-up the cast iron.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:08:52 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

Do you have a high-speed mandrel? Ideally, 10-15k rpm. Something I can
drive with a flat belt and attach a cut-off wheel. The one I have spun a
Barden bearing and ate-up the cast iron.

Hummm....No, I sure dont.

Can you open up the bearing housing and use the next bigger size bearing
and sleeve the shaft?

Let me ponder on it a bit and see what I can come up with. Let me know
if you find something on your end before I do.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:08:52 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

Do you have a high-speed mandrel? Ideally, 10-15k rpm. Something I can
drive with a flat belt and attach a cut-off wheel. The one I have spun a
Barden bearing and ate-up the cast iron.

Hummm....No, I sure dont.

Can you open up the bearing housing and use the next bigger size bearing
and sleeve the shaft?

Let me ponder on it a bit and see what I can come up with. Let me know
if you find something on your end before I do.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Somewhere around here is a "Hiel" grinding spindle...I just have to find it.
I'll see if there's enough meat to install a larger bearing or bore it out
for a sleeve. My experience with high-speed stuff is that it doesn't
tolerate much misalignment. Whatever I do, it best be PERFECT! ...or it
will shake the dust off of the rafters.

Ping Gunner Buerste Metalworking 2 October 29th 09 05:23 AM
PING - Gunner Jim Chandler Metalworking 5 December 7th 08 02:50 AM
PING: Gunner Jim Chandler Metalworking 4 October 4th 08 12:18 AM
Ping Gunner cavelamb himself[_4_] Metalworking 0 September 24th 07 05:27 PM
Ping Gunner Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 September 23rd 07 03:44 AM