Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PING - Gunner

I went to the auction today and the lathe was a South Bend Model "A"
in excellent condition. It came with the cabinet it was mounted on, a
rotary table, loads of chucks and tool holders and god knows what-all
in the drawers. It went for, are you ready for this? $350. If I
thought it was going to be that low I'd have gone for it. Oh well.

I DID manage to get eight one-pound rolls of Alpha 60/40, .062 solder
and it's available for $2.00 a roll.

I also bought 30 pounds of lead ingots if you know anyone who might be
interested. I'm not sure of the price yet. I'll have to see what the
market price is and work from there.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler writes:

I also bought 30 pounds of lead ingots if you know anyone who might be
interested. I'm not sure of the price yet. I'll have to see what the
market price is and work from there.

A few months ago you would have had a fortune:

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-05, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Jim Chandler writes:

I also bought 30 pounds of lead ingots if you know anyone who might be
interested. I'm not sure of the price yet. I'll have to see what the
market price is and work from there.

A few months ago you would have had a fortune:

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html

A few years ago, I bought a plastic bucket of lead swipings from a gun
range. Melted off about 50 lbs of lead ingots at the cost of $3 plus a
lot of hassle.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:00:06 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Jim Chandler writes:

I also bought 30 pounds of lead ingots if you know anyone who might be
interested. I'm not sure of the price yet. I'll have to see what the
market price is and work from there.

A few months ago you would have had a fortune:

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html

That's me, a day late and a dollar short, most of the time. I figure
that there are some shooters / reloaders around here that will want
it. There's also a couple of boxes of empty 12 ga. shells.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:56:08 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

I DID manage to get eight one-pound rolls of Alpha 60/40, .062 solder
and it's available for $2.00 a roll.

Ill take 3 rolls.

There isnt enough lead to make it worth my while. I need a couple
hundred pounds at minimum. Wheel weights would be good.

Bullet casting season is here.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:56:44 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:56:08 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

I DID manage to get eight one-pound rolls of Alpha 60/40, .062 solder
and it's available for $2.00 a roll.

Ill take 3 rolls.

There isnt enough lead to make it worth my while. I need a couple
hundred pounds at minimum. Wheel weights would be good.

Bullet casting season is here.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

I'll set the rolls of solder aside for you. Let me know when you're
going to be in this area or where you want me to send it. I don't
know what the postage would be. I figured that some reloader around
here might want it so i got it.

Jim

Ping Gunner Tom Gardner[_2_] Metalworking 1 July 23rd 08 09:41 AM
Ping Gunner Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 4 May 13th 08 06:02 PM
PING: GUNNER michael Metalworking 17 September 18th 05 05:37 PM
OT - Ping Gunner Cliff Metalworking 11 May 18th 05 05:25 AM