Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bostitch CPACK3 Finish Nailer, Brad Nailer, Finish Stapler, and Compressor Combo Kit

Price:$369.99
Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000JQSUUW
Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000JQSUUW

Before I started grad school I worked in construction for number of years(including cabinetry and finish work). That off course entailed using various nail guns and compressors. This set (with exception of durability which I can't comment on because I have only had it for a few weeks)seems to be a relatively good set--and if you get it as a factory reconditioned one is quite a good deal (mine was $220 including shipping).The guns work nicely and, in my limited use, are not prone to jamming. The depth adjusters are very convenient, and the finish nailer has a quick release to get at the drive pin in case of jamming (some guns lack this feature which is a shame because guns never jam at a good time). The aluminum housing on the nailers (particularly the finish nailer) gives it a tinny sound when they shoot making them sound and feel just a bit cheap (I know there are magnesium housed models, and I bet they cut down on the noise and give a better feel). In any event this is relatively minor thing unless you're using it day in and day out. In comparison to other finish nailers I have used it ranks well. Perhaps it doesn't feel quite as good as a porter-cable, or hitachi but better than others. As far as the other nailers in the kit, I haven't tried the stapler, and everyone makes a good brad nailer-this one being no exception.It's probably worth noting too that if you buy the nailers reconditioned they only come with a one year warranty vs. new with a seven year warranty.The compressor is a pancake compressor, so it is what it is. They aren't for high demand work (i.e. non-finish work) and really should only be compressing half the time the unit is on. I saw one guy wished the set included a framing nailer. This could work but only if your not a particularly quick framer. The same goes with using a roofing nailer (although I know tile guys who use pancakes for concrete board). It's loud (pancakes usually are), and its claim of 135 psi is under better than average conditions I'm sure (actual is probably closer to 125). To offset the noise of the compressor buy an additional hose (a good rubber one- the pvc ones-like the one with this set-are too inflexible and get in the way) and set the compressor in the next room.All in all this is a good set. I've notice that many contractors have really old bostitch guns... that's always a good sign. The magnesium cased guns are probably a little better than these aluminum ones, but for for the coin I spent I'm very pleased.
Got this from UPS in a couple days. Great deal through Amazon. Checked with local shops and they were significantly higher priced and I would not have gotten all three nail guns (only had 2 in their kits). I have used all three nailers quite extensively during a re-modeling of our basement. What a difference having nail guns over a hammer and nails! Project went fast. Friends were asking to borrow them before I was even done. Compressor is oil free. Just as loud as any other you buy (Have used a few and love this one) - with long air hose, able to throw it into the neighboring room and still have plenty extension hose.
Don't pass this one bye,great price & works super.All in factory boxing & comes with a great cloth carry case,with the company logo on it.The price in Home Depot was $150 more !!! for the same product!!!
First off the items arived almost a week ahead of promised delivery. At first I thought they had made a mistake as these tools are brand new. I started using them right away, putting molding around new hardwood floors I installed and they worked fantastic. I will order from these people again. GREAT TOOLS!!!!
This is my first time ever using an air compressor and this one is an excellent kit for DIY home remodeling projects. Makes trim work jobs quick, easy, and looks professionally installed. BTW, don't tell your friends you have one...
The CPACK3 combines three great Bostitch power fasteners with a compressor. This kit includes a 16-gauge 2-1/2-inch finish nailer, an 18-gauge 1-inch finish stapler, an 18-gauge 1-1/4-inch brad nailer, and a 2 horsepower air compressor that powers them all. And to get you started immediately, the CPACK3 also comes with a stash of nails, brads, staples, fittings, hoses, lubricant, and a contractor's canvas tool bag.
The CPACK3 combines three great Bostitch power fasteners with a compressor. This kit includes a 16-gauge 2-1/2-inch finish nailer, an 18-gauge 1-inch finish stapler, an 18-gauge 1-1/4-inch brad nailer, and a 2 horsepower air compressor that powers them all. And to get you started immediately, the CPACK3 also comes with a stash of nails, brads, staples, fittings, hoses, lubricant, and a contractor's canvas tool bag. Straight Finish Nailer The 16-gauge 2-1/2-inch straight finish nailer (SB-1664FN) drives straight finish nails from 1 to 2-1/2 inches. Its lightweight aluminum design makes it easy to hold and maneuver for precision fastener placement, and the no-mar tip protects your work surface. With a quick-release nose for fast jam clearing and an adjustable depth guide, this nailer is easy to use and quick to set. It also features a tool-free adjustable exhaust. Applications Use this nailer to affix interior or exterior finish and trim, to fasten furniture, handle cabinet work, and work on staircases. Key Technical Specs Driving power: 300 in./lbs. Magazine capacity: 100 nails Operating pressu 70-100 psi Thread fitting type: 1/4-inch NPT Brad Nailer The 18-gauge 1-1/4-inch brad nailer (SB-100SX) drives brad nails from 5/8 to 1-1/4 inches. Its lightweight aluminum design is easy to hold and comfortable to use, even over the long haul -- and its no-mar tip helps protect your work pieces. This nailer also has an adjustable depth guide to set nails to your desired depths quickly and with minimal fuss, and it offers tool-free adjustable exhaust. Applications Use this nailer to affix interior or exterior finish and trim, to fasten furniture, handle cabinet work, and work on staircases. Key Technical Specs Drives fastener sizes: 5/8-inch to 1-1/4-inch Narrow Crown Stapler The 18-gauge narrow crown stapler (SB-125BN) drives 7/32-inch crown SX staples from 1/2 to 1 inch. It has a lightweight aluminum design for added durability, a tool-free adjustable exhaust, and a no-mar tip to protect your work piece during use. Applications This crown stapler is ideal for all power stapling needs, including finishing trim, fastening papers, and almost anything else into wood or masonry. Key Technical Specs Drives fastener sizes: 1/2 to 1-inch Accepts 18-gauge, 7/32 inch crown SX staples Air Compressor The air compressor (CAP60P-OF) has a high efficiency 2 horsepower (peak) motor that produces 1.5 horsepower running. Its 6-gallon tank capacity gives you plenty of power and run time, and its no-maintenance, oil-free pump is easy to maintain and operate. Key Technical Specs 3.4 cfm at 40 psi; 2.1 cfm at 90 psi 135 psi maximum output 6-gallon tank capacity Warranty The finish nailer, finish stapler, and brad nailer are all covered by a 7-year limited manufacturer's warranty; the air compressor is covered by a one-year limited warranty. What's in the box: Bostitch 16-gauge finish nailer, 18-gauge finish stapler, 18-gauge brad nailer, 2 horsepower oil-free air compressor, 1/4-inch by 40-foot heavy-duty airline with MPT fittings, 1,000 2-inch 16-gauge finish nails, 1,000 1-1/4-inch 18-gauge brads, 1,000 1-inch staples, tool lubricant, contractor's canvas tool bag.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Campbell Hausfeld MP5200 25-Piece Accessory Kit with Case:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0009KN9PE
Bostitch SB16-2.5-1M 2-1/2-Inch-by-16-Gauge Bright Finish Nail (1,000 per Box):http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0002SPAUU
Bostitch F21PL Round Head 1-1/2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer with Positive Placement Tip and Magnesium Housing:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A79HWA