Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Blu-Ray repair experiences?

Does anyone have experience in repairing Blu-Ray disc players?

Would you say that they are, in general, more difficult to repair than
ordinary DVD players?

Are they more prone to tracking problems due to the finer data
density?

Thanks for any info...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mr. Land" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience in repairing Blu-Ray disc players?

Would you say that they are, in general, more difficult to repair than
ordinary DVD players?

Are they more prone to tracking problems due to the finer data
density?

Thanks for any info...

I don't think they've been out long enough for any significant number of
them to fail. Internally they're pretty similar to DVD players and the same
troubleshooting applies.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3ÔÂ11ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç11ʱ06·Ö, "Mr. Land" wrote:
Does anyone have experience in repairing Blu-Ray disc players?

Would you say that they are, in general, more difficult to repair than
ordinary DVD players?

Are they more prone to tracking problems due to the finer data
density?

Thanks for any info...

Do you want access to China's massive pool of electronic
manufacturers... but lack the time to contact suppliers, negotiate
contracts, arrange shipping or monitor product quality? Don't worry -
Let seriouswholesale deal with all that for you.

*Check out the huge range of Gadgets, MP3 / MP4 Players, Car DVD /
Audio, and Computer Accessories now by visiting the online wholesale
catalog at seriouswholesale. com You'll have peace of mind thanks to
the seriouswholesale Quality Control, 12-month Warranty on all
products, and easy secure payment by credit card through Paypal.

Selling on eBay or your own online store? Send products direct from
our warehouse to your customers using our unique drop-shipping
service. You can profit by selling hundreds of different products,
without holding any of your own inventory! Any questions you have will
be answered by the seriouswholesale English-speaking customer support
team... Their aim is to make your China electronics importing business
easier to run than ever before.

Welcome to http://www.seriouswholesale.com.

seriouswholesale - Buy from the source, profit without the hassle.

- 12 Months Warranty - No minimum order restrictions - Drop-shipping
with no additional fee - Pay by safely by PayPal seriouswholesale
Wholesale Co., Ltd.: Chinas original and best online electronics
wholesaler & drop-shipper: seriouswholesale. com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 11, 11:06*am, "Mr. Land" wrote:
Does anyone have experience in repairingBlu-Raydisc players?

Would you say that they are, in general, more difficult to repair than
ordinary DVD players?

Are they more prone to tracking problems due to the finer data
density?

Thanks for any info...

Well, I went ahead and picked up an "as-is" Blu-Ray player and,
wouldn't you know it, after repairing its mechanical problems (all
having to do with the front panel), it won't play Blu-Ray disks.

It's an old Samsung BD-P1000 (did these things really sell for
$1000?).

When I first tried it, it would play traditional DVD's just fine, but
wouldn't play any Blu-Ray discs at all. It can't seem to find
the starting point on these discs and after about a minute of
seeking and focusing, finally gives up, spits them out, and
displays "The disk cannot be played." on the screen.

I've updated the firmware to the latest version available but
that didn't help.

Being a hobbyist I only have the simplest of test equipment.
I did have a look at the laser assembly - it seems to have
two, side-by-side lasers: a (conventional?) red, and a blue.
With a Blu-Ray disc inserted I can see the blue laser from
the label side of the spinning disc - it is seeking and refocusing
but always gives up.

The other thing I noticed is that the disc spins much, much
faster when it's a Blu-Ray - I assume this is normal.

I'm thinking that I don't have much of a chance of getting
this working.

Appreciate any suggestions (even if they are to simply
trash the thing.)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mr. Land" wrote in message
[...]

Most likely a bad pickup (sold as a complete mechanism). Samsung disc
players have traditionally had pickup problems. Like most dvd players, this
likely puts it out of the economical repair range.

There are different versions of this unit - probably all virtually the
same - but you'll need to have the full model number with the X/XAA or
whatever suffix and call Andrews Electronics at 800-289-0300. The list price
is apparently about 288.00 .

If you're with a shop, you can maybe get dealer cost, maybe about 30 to 40
percent off.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Apr 9, 4:47 am, "Mr. Land" wrote:
l?) red, and a blue.
With a Blu-Ray disc inserted I can see the blue laser from
the label side of the spinning disc - it is seeking and refocusing
but always gives up.

have you tried replacing the ribbon cable from the p-up to the pcb?
hairline cracks can form. Given this material is unlikely to cost more
than a couple of dollars it's worth a go.
if not; well you can still use it as a standard dvd player :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"b" wrote in message
On Apr 9, 4:47 am, "Mr. Land" wrote:
l?) red, and a blue.
With a Blu-Ray disc inserted I can see the blue laser from
the label side of the spinning disc - it is seeking and refocusing
but always gives up.

have you tried replacing the ribbon cable from the p-up to the pcb?
hairline cracks can form. Given this material is unlikely to cost more
than a couple of dollars it's worth a go.
if not; well you can still use it as a standard dvd player :-)

I don't think the cable is even available as a listed repair part for this
model, and it's a virtual impossibility to cross it to another. The entire
dvd mech, including the pickup cable, is sold as a complete unit.

Mark Z.

Repair experiences - Laptops and Other Electronics Consumer Items(website) [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 February 10th 08 08:26 AM
LCD Monitor Repair Experiences (website) [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 October 8th 07 03:09 PM
Cobollo experiences [email protected] Woodworking 7 May 9th 06 04:33 PM
Mitre saw experiences Rob UK diy 22 November 7th 05 11:11 AM
Experiences with sunrooms? suzannem Home Ownership 3 May 4th 05 04:38 PM