Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Static Discharge coming form speakers

My Toshiba TV has just started making a static "click" every 10 to 20
seconds. My TV does run though a SOny surround sound sound system.
Any ideas as to what this is and how to trouble shoot it?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 14 Nov 2006 07:22:03 -0800, "matt" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

My Toshiba TV has just started making a static "click" every 10 to 20
seconds. My TV does run though a SOny surround sound sound system.
Any ideas as to what this is and how to trouble shoot it?

Thanks

Run the TV on its own and then add components until the problem either
appears or goes away.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

matt wrote:

My Toshiba TV has just started making a static "click" every 10 to 20
seconds. My TV does run though a SOny surround sound sound system.
Any ideas as to what this is and how to trouble shoot it?

Thanks

sounds like your dag grounds have come loose the dag grounds are the
leads from the springs or cables that run around the large part of the
tube. to a chassic or crt board ground, if thats not the case while you
have the back or sound down listen for a hv leak